Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DLL- support (anyone)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am a user of DB from ver. 1.04...
Pro looks good...BUT anyone answer me this..

Call I call a function from a DLL made in VB6...
or anytype of active x control...or .net app

Is there any way to talk with an outside app running....

SpikeMan
SpikeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Just to add to my above question...

I want to use outside script files to control the AI of a game i am writing. I use the MSScript in VB to control to read the scripts and control their flow. Its a great solution. I expose my vb objects to the script..
But I need to return that info to the DBP engine.
I use DB to as my display engine...but I need the VB program to interpete the scripts

Anyone have some ideas

SpikeMan

Live Large...Code Hard
SpikeMan
Years of Service
User Offline
come on....none has any info.....
Is there any way to talk between a BD/DBpro ex program and an external VB program or dll or active x control

Anyone
Spike

Live Large...Code Hard
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 13:37
Look in the help file under "File Commands" for "Execute File". This allows you to shell execute another file, and also allows for command line switches to be added. Returning information from this external program is a bit more difficult, the fastest way probably being to have the program create a file, then read it in your main program. Please note, this may not be the only way to communicate with external things, it's just what I could come up with in 2 seconds.

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 13:39
Update: Look in help under "System Commands". The first 5 commands listed deal with DLLs.

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:10:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:10:46