Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / On lockdown is for sale

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 12:32 Edited at: 29th Jul 2006 16:42
my game on lockdown is on sale tommorw but how much should i sell it for.the game has a demo at

http://rapidshare.de/files/26148889/on_lockdown_demo.zip.html

J.Samson
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 13:18
the game is for sale at www.freewebs.com/shop.htm[href]nullwww.freewebs.com/shop.htm[/href]

J.Samson
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 13:21
i ment [href]www.freewebs.com/jonathansamson/shop.htm[/href]
sory for double post

J.Samson
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 15:13
You mean quadruple post... EDIT your posts not post more for gods sakes

Whats a fps without the blood,guts,death,khaos,and disorder?
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 15:16 Edited at: 24th Jul 2006 15:40
$19.95USD!?

Sorry, but as I see it, that's $20 to much. I'm sorry, but I have to doubt anyone would shell out something that costs as much as HL2: Episode I (which is already overpriced, in my opinion) for an FPSC game--it's simply incomprehensible. I wish you luck, but I have to say that I'm not sure it will fair too well. Especially in a situation like this--I'm sure you're sincere, but shelling out $20 to a hotmail account is, well, a little disconcerting. Good luck though.

See, the problem comes in the fact that the website has nil screenshots, nil info, and is Freewebs. If you're serious about selling a game, I suggest investing in a domain at a place like GoDaddy.com, and then (apologies if this sounds harsh), check through your grammar. Remember that there's a lot on offer for free on these forums--you need something that makes your game truly stand out.

As I've said several times, though, I wish you the best of luck.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 17:32
First of all, try editing your posts, instead of repeat posting. I'm afraid Jiffy is right, $20.00 ($20.95 on your site) is way too much for a game that has no screenshots, and no presentation whatsoever. If you're going to charge that kind of money, you'd better start with a nice layout for your game. For starters, I'd get your own domain and set up a site that doesn't require someone to go to a file sharing site in order to download the demo. You need to show some screens to your game in the forums here, before anyone will buy a game made with FPSC (for that much money).

Are you prepared for the gripes and complaints when your game doesn't meet expectations? Telling us that there are no refunds doesn't give people a great sense of security. I think you'd better seriously rethink this one.

-Keith

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 18:25
Hopefully, no one will purchase this before trying the demo. If we work on the premise that the demo shows the best of the game, then I don't believe anyone would be satisfied. Of course we don't really know much about it because there are no descriptions or screenshots of the game.

I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit. Keep working on it.

Crazy Grandpa
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
What I want to know is, why after all the negetive responses about the game would anyone decide it's good enough to sell,,,especially for that much money?!?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 11:38
I give away my stuff for free and I pay for my hosting and have a decent site.
$20 for an FPSC game is too much.And if this is your fist game you might as well give it away.
Also,you will find the world of economics inside the FPSC forums a little different than some other places.
FPSC forum members are spoiled.For what they get for free or at a marginal cost would sometimes be expensive if they got it elsewhere.
I didn't get into FPSC to make money.I did it because i want to create games that I want to play instead of having to buy them.
I don't think you are going to sell very many games but I'll give you credit for trying.
You might ask around with some of the people who have things for sale around here to give you a better idea of how to sell your game.
I wish you the best of luck.

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 12:56 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 12:57
sorry i was useing a public computer and also i need a price range what do you think i just put $20 because i don't now how much i should sell it for also i had trouble with the public computer editing my post.sorry i will put it to $1.95
sorry for any iconvinece
jonathan.

J.Samson
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 13:12
That's more like it. But are you handling all (if any) purchases from a public computer? Not professional or wise, my friend. ( if your not, sorry for the misconception.) two dollars seems more a reasonable price for an FPSC game, but you still need to sell your product (by which i mean convince the public that your game is worth their money) Some screenies, maybe a video and info about the game. I won't dislike you for trying, If i got a chance to make 20 quick pounds (or dollars, whatever) god knows id go for the gold. but fpsc doesn't make you gold and, if you can realise that, you can start to realise you real potential. Best of luck with your product though

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 13:21 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 13:25
Jonathon...

Well, at least $1.95 is more reasonable. Nonetheless, is this your first complete FPSC game? If so, I strongly recommend keeping it freeware. However, that is your choice.

That said, even at $1.95 (or $0.01, for that matter), you seriously have to consider presentation of your website. As such, I highly recommend making your site much more... well, inviting.

Use a spell checker, first of all. I don't want to sound harsh, but this is a must if you expect anybody to make any type of investment in your software (in this case, FPSC game). All you need is Microsoft Word--most of the time, your wording will be guessed by Word and all you need to do is read the suggestions. If it doesn't have any, look it up in the dictionary. You're bound to find it. Just remember that grammar is a must--I'm sure you don't write like this at school (if you're in school - would you type like that on your resumé?), so take the extra time to write correctly.

Secondly, invest in, at the very least, a domain. It doesn't even need to be hosted seperately--just have it forward your visitors to your Freewebs address. Make your website as memorable as possible--make interesting use of your space. And at the very least, give a detailed description of the game. If you look at my website, you'll see that I used things like fake newspaper clippingsto tell the story in an interesting manner. Use some interesting things like that if you really want to get some attention drawn.

Next, get screenshots. Take as many as you can, all of your best places. You want people to give you their hard earned money to play this game--they should have a reason to.

There's more that you'd need to sell a game with better results, but that's means for a start.

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 14:07
problem with uploading my images is that it does not work on my computer because the computer does not let me upload

J.Samson
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 14:59 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 15:00
...How can your computer not let you upload? It's not really your computer that does the work--it's the server and your internet connection, mainly.

I mean, you don't even need to host it on your Freewebs website. Heck, you could upload them all here and fetch the URLs for the images and link to them from your site.

How about the other stuff?

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 08:38 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 08:38
i have broudband a speed sterm modem so its not the modem.
also did anyone even try my demo?

J.Samson
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:24
Yes, hence my reply above.

Crazy Grandpa
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline