Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Retro Entry Finished: CannonBalls (BUST A MOVE Clone)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 01:27
Check my site for new FINISHED version. A few extra features have been added, bugs with the text are completely ironed out and one of the two main bugs has gone (the worse one that made it crash ). Unfortunately double text still remains, but I cannot help that.

Final Version Additions:
- Background
- Ending Music
- Voices (ready... go!)
- A Few More Sound Effects
- Another Pirate Animation
- Up Key Centres Cannon
- Big Bug Ironed Out
- Text and Transitions and Name Entry Fixed
- Smoke Effects From Cannon Added

Enjoy!!!
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
scribbley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 03:48
Very cool

Its nice to see the voice and end music and background as I think they add so much to the feel of the game. I think you have got the playability just about spot on.

Maybe we will have a sequel.... with 2 player head to head. hehehe.. (kidding)
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 18:27
I'll probably leave it alone for the moment, but I AM planning to do a sequel or just extend this version (but I will probably just re-write the code as it's such a mess), I just think that it doesn't have a complete feel to it, and I want to include 2 player and player v computer, and have more visual effects and sounds and stuff. I just really enjoyed writing the game and thinking of things to do that I never got round to doing .

Thanks for the support everyone.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 20:11
This is great! I really like it A basic 2 player and vs computer version would be welcome, but I'm impressed

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 20:46
Thanks Kangaroo, I would probably be able to impliment a 2 player version quite fast, just make the game do all it does for one player, and compare the two games. A computer vs player version would take somewhat longer !

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 23:36
np A basic computer AI would be easy, like if it just fired at balls the same color. But actually getting the pc to add forthought and planning is another thing altogether You've done a stellar job so far tho

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 20:50
Yeah, the computer would loose in an instant that way, as there would probably be other balls blocking the way. It would have to check for balls in front of other balls somehow and then adjust to make it ok, and maybe even bounce it off of walls. I would have to make the computer make some mistakes then though or it'd be impossible to beat !!!

BTW has anyone tried the level editor, I know its unbearably, but it;d be noce to know if it works, and if it adds anything to the final game, or is designing the levels just too boring (I won't be offended if you say yes, I'll agree!).

Thanks

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 16:27
I tht the level editor worked ok, I'm just not convinced that many ppl would use 1 in a game like this. Its always a nice feature tho, I always think all pc games should be mod able

How about a random level generator? That would be really simple to add, but is a cool idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:43:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:43:45