Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 04:33
hi all.
small one was trying some new walls.
it has a twist at the end (up is down).
i use all free stuff from here so thx to all who r generous.
hope someone enjoys, thats all i want but for the rest dont hold back like u do for others its
http://files.filefront.com/Dingos_Worldzip/;5322695;;/fileinfo.html
olddingo
Years of Service
User Offline
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 05:25
Post a Screenshot please.

No Screenshot and its likely to get locked.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 09:31 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 09:32
No more warnings.Anything that is posted in the Showcase forum without screenshots gets locked immediately.
Post your screenshots before you post anything about the game if you have to.
This forum is getting filled up with posts like these.
If you don't have screenshots ready to go don't post in the Showcase forum.

Another reminder that this is the Showcase forum where you show the best of what you have...with screenshots.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 11:19
Hold on a minute!

These kind of threads are perfectly "legal" in the showcase forum. This comes from the "reading this before posting" sticky:

Quote: "what IS allowed here:

1) DEMOS of games. If there's no download, don't post about your game yet. This is a showcase remember.

3) FULL GAMES (Single or Multiplayer). Enough said really."

This thread, and the "death ship" thread for that matter, is not breaking the rules of this forum. Remember please that as mods, you inforce the law, you don't change it. If you want to do that, become an admin. Sure, i agree that it would be nice if it had some screenshots for people who don't want to download straight away but there's no need to lock threads because they don't.

If this thread gets locked, i'll consider it abuse of mod powers.

AE

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 11:57
AE,
Screenshots are needed.If they are not posted someone will throw a fit demanding them.
The bottom line is if someone has something to showcase they should have screenshots and should post screenshots to it.
People can post a link to anything.How in the blazes do I know that the download link posted here is FPSC related?

olddingo,
The post with your screenshots are not getting approved because your pics aren't working.Use the browse button to find the screenshot on your computer and then upload it.

olddingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 12:06
ok fred sorry hope this time

Attachments

Login to view attachments
olddingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 12:32
ok got it ta
just and old bloke starting to learn new stuff late in life
and yes you can teach an olddingo new tricks

Attachments

olddingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 12:34
and another

Attachments

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 14:46 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 14:46
Quote: "Screenshots are needed"

No, screenshots are wanted; they are not esential to a showcase thread, but...
Quote: "If they are not posted someone will throw a fit demanding them."

True. An if the author of the thread wants people to download his game, he will post them. If not, hard luck on the guy throwing a "fit".
Quote: "People can post a link to anything.How in the blazes do I know that the download link posted here is FPSC related?"

Again, true. But, i think we can assume that most people on here have the sense and maturity not to FPSC-unrelated stuff here. If not, then lock their thread by all means.

AE
P.S: Since when was over-write abled on posted messages? It makes them really difficult to edit.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 15:39 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 15:40
Here's the deal.I tried to say this nicely.Not referring to you,AE,but some of the stuff posted in the Showcase forum is pure crap.
We have people posting non-built games,we have people posting their game ideas and no screenshots,etc.
And if people want to post a link and no screenshots then I don't know what to tell you.
The rules for the Showcase forum were written a long time ago.
Whether they should be amended or not is up to Rich to decide.He wrote them.
In the meantime it is up to the mods to determine what should and should not be locked.
I said it before and I will say it once more.If someone posts a Showcase thread with no screenshots then it will be locked.
He posted screenies so there is no reason to lock this thread.

Quote:"If this thread gets locked, i'll consider it abuse of mod powers."

You are entitled to your opinion.However...

Quote:"This forum is moderated by TGC employees and trusted members of the public. By using these forums you automatically agree that they cannot be held personally responsible for any actions arising from these forums. You agree that moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of the AUP," (from the very bottom of every page)

As mods we have to adapt to any situation that rises.
Besides,if some's thread is locked and then they come up with screenshots they can e-mail a mod or start another thread.
None of the FPSC mods are on a power trip but it is our responsibility to do what is best for all of the forum members.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 17:24 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 17:27
Had second thoughts and removed my comments.

Crazy Grandpa
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 17:39 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 17:42
Heres a lttle clarrification for the last time :

If any user has made some levels or anything of interest relating to their game they wish to show at this forum then they have something that exists and so can easily take a screen shot and place it here with or without any additional download so that users and Moderators can clearly see what is being reffered to visually. Screen shots must be posted at the time of posting and not at some later date at the descretion of the poster.

If a download or story is available screen shots are needed in support of that - as on there own they are not sufficient to meet with the criteria of this forum.

Any game which is adjudged to use copyrighted material by a Mod whether that game is for sale or to be made available as a free game it makes no difference and will be viewed as a serious breach of these forums acceptable criteria and the use of such copyrighted material is likely to have somewhat more serious consequences for posters than perhaps has been the case in the past.

Actions will be taken by Mods to control these kinds of posts and the interpretation of Mods actions is not open to debate by users.

You have been told this previously and I reiterate it so you all know what you can expect to see happen more often in futurte if you dont follow these guidlines.

Users can consider a Mods actions in reference to these points however they wish it wont make any difference and wont prevent Mods having to make a decision which they and not users have to do.

Moderators will continue to keep threads within the bounds of acceptable criteria within the scope of their judgement and continue to protect the interests of TGC wherever deemed necessary.

That should be clear enough.

Users should not use legitamate threads or any other for that matter to start a debate over thsese points as Mods wont debate the issues and it will result in these legitimate threads being locked or other more serioius actions being taken by Mods to ensure threads and posts comply.

Please try and stop this kind of debate as it only serves to spoil decent posts and it will leave Mods with no alternative other than to take some action to curtail it.

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading a demo with no screenshots is like buying somthing onlie with no picture. You don't know if it is pure crap or top of the line.
olddingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 18:12
ok now the debate is over hehe
the oldtimers desease was working over time for me thewas on but no one home.
sorry about the mix up.
but after all this has anyone actualy looked at the cause of the debate (the screenies)
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 18:40
olddingo,

I looked.

If you want a helpful comment - making your textures as being seamless so that you see no unmatching repeat over the FPSC tiles will make a very big improvement.

No other comment just keep up the good work.

Thank you for posting the screen shots.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 18:51
The repeating patterns are somewhat reminiscent of pre-doom games. The first one could be interesting if worked on a bit and used a little more sparingly and creatively. Hell comes to mind. I was there once in...... anyway, keep working on it.

Crazy Grandpa
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 19:56
My rating of your game:

Short loading times: yes
Long levels: no (first level was long though)
Variety of weapons: no
Variety of enemies: no
Good custom segments: yes
Custom Menus: no.

Overall: Medium
Overall Percentage: 48%
Overall numeric rating: 5/10.

Comments: I liked your idea of repeating patterns. I diddnt like the fact that the last level was unbeatable. You couldnt get out of the room you start in! Some music could spice up the game, and the fast loading times where great! I liked the game.

Supah Gamer

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 20:03 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 20:11
[Mod Edit]
----------------
Its good to see some custom media, but i would try to make things a little more seamless (unless the tiled effect is what you're after). Keep up the good work. Has this game got a storyline?

AE

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 21:47
I think that is quite good game but this game have ugly textures

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 22:57
yeah that's right...Mod Edit it out...

you know i'm right! (j/k)

Can i ask why you chose those textures, olddingo, they look like posters of somekind.

AE

olddingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2006 02:29
ta all for having a look.
the pre doom was the look i was after.
you know the old just go thru and kill every thing.
goin to have diff weapon and bosses at the end of each lvl.
just for kids really some dont need story lines.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2006 02:35
olddingo,
Thank you for posting the screenshots.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2006 02:56 Edited at: 31st Jul 2006 02:58
Supa gamer

Quote: "
Overall Percentage: 48%
Overall numeric rating: 5/10."

surely that should be 4.8/10?

Yeah whoever said it looked pre doom was right.

the repeating textures and lack of entities makes it look quite dated, but looks like it could be a fun arcade-y game, you know, one thats fun to blast away on for 5 mins.,

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
blaze908
Years of Service
User Offline
too many enemies lol

suggestion:if youre gonna put multiple enemies in one room, decrease their health and place more health packs around

Will that be chicken or fish?
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 07:27
Fred, you're kind of an amateur aren't you? Nobody is going to see your little warning which shouldn't even be there in the first place, you should make it a sticky in a brand new thread, or at least update the forum rules thread and make sure everyone knows there is a change in the rules for the ultimate FPSC dictatorship.

Straight outta compton
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 08:07
TheDude,
Perhaps you didn't read all of the posts.

Quote:
"Actions will be taken by Mods to control these kinds of posts and the interpretation of Mods actions is not open to debate by users."

Quote:
"Please try and stop this kind of debate as it only serves to spoil decent posts and it will leave Mods with no alternative other than to take some action to curtail it."

Action taken.

Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice game. Like the last level, although I didn't really notice your custom scripts in it. I'll check them out when I get back in the house somehow. I say this.

Short loading times: yes
Long levels: ish
Variety of weapons: no
Variety of enemies: no
Good custom segments: yes
Custom Menus: no.

Overall: Medium
Overall Percentage: 89%
Overall numeric rating: 9/10.

Too many zombies. You should have put different enemies and weapons in.

Various Model Pack #1
Buy it now!! Only £3
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 23:32
Just to let you all know, screenshots are now required for any thread on this board now. If your thread gets locked, then repost it WITH screenshots. If you don't like that policy, then talk to the man in charge as his thread states this policy.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:11:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:11:22