Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [DarkPhysics] Non-convex mesh collision not supported

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 18:23
Hi

I have a hollowed out box (well six cubes put together to form a room) and a cylinder, the cylinder is being added to the physics system using phy make rigid body dynamic mesh command and when run I get this
'Trying to collide two pmap-less, nonconvex, nonheightfield meshes: this is no longer supported!'

What does this mean?

I know the voices aren't real, but they have good ideas!
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 18:34
Certain combinations of dynamic meshes can cause failures. Check the dynamic rigid body mesh program for an example of how you can use dynamic meshes. I think the torus toy example also uses a dynamic mesh.

While dynamic meshes can be supported in some circumstances it generally isn't recommended. I'd advise to stay away from this as much as possible.
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 18:37
I will check them out, the only reason I decided to try the dynamic mesh approach was I tried the convex hull method and the cylinder every time something hit it like a sphere it semi-fell through the floor then when they lost contact with each other it popped back up again.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 18:43
When you use a convex mesh it may be a good move to have a convex mesh model you use to represent your object in the sim. You load this as a convex mesh and then hook up your other object to follow the movement and rotation of this mesh. By doing this you can get the exact shape you want.

One thing I'd recommend when using convex meshes is to enable the debugger. It can help a great deal to see exactly how the simulation is representing your convex mesh.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 23:36
I made a catapult by making a model, and then attaching 5 plains to the "cup" for the physics simulation.

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 00:02
BatVink how did you add these plains to the physics system?
I mean did you use mesh/convex etc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 11:44:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 11:44:02