Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / How do you use the debugger?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 20:45
I see the debugger but I am not sure how to use it after putting 'phy enable debug' in my code.
Are there any easy step by step instructions? I have looked at the help from Aegia but it didn't seem to say what steps to take for a simple view of what is happening.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone has done it already?
Thanks in advance.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:58
Now that you have the command call in to enable the debugger go to the Start Menu and look under The Game Creators\Expansion Packs\Dark Physcis\Tools and run the Debugger program.

First thing you may want to do is go to the View Menu, select Camera and then set the mode to Fly. Now you can navigate using the mouse and wasd keys.

Now go back to your DB Pro program and run it. When the program is launched and everything loaded hit the stop button on the debugger. If your world is centred around 0, 0, 0 you'll get to see something in the debugger straight away. You still may need to move your camera around though. If your world is centred elsewhere then take a quick look around to move the camera. If things are moving slow or too fast go to the File Menu and select Preferences.
From here select Camera Speed and input a lower or higher value. To continue the playback hit the Play button.

Hope that helps. There's also documentation included with the debugger to be found in the Help menu. Some of it may not be relevant to Dark Physics but still some useful info to be found.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 22:18
Does the debugger render using a different handedness? I'm not really a 3D engine boff by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe there are left and right handed systems, and it looks like DB and the debugger are different. It was a major brain jolt for me when I jumped in there and started trying to look around my level. I think I'll find a large mirror to place next to the monitor and view it from there in future.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 22:30
Yeah it does it the other way round which can take some getting used to but it's worth using anyway. Being able to see all that info can clear up all kinds of problems.
The Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 05:42
I have started the debugger and selected NEW under file, then gone back and run an example program which runs very slow indicating maybe the debugger is in effect, but nothing seems to get recorded. I hit stop and then try to play and there is nothing there. I left the port as the default 5425 -should that be changed?

I am just trying to run it with example 05 as I work through the information.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 10:19
It may be the placement of phy enable debug which is causing the problem. Try making it the very first line of your program. Now run the debugger, no need to move the camera or select new or anything else. Now go back to the program and run it. You should get to see the objects falling down onto the ground.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 11:56:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 11:56:28