Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 22:18
i read that dp u can make a player brush up against a plant & the plant will move realistically from the player.which example would this be?or which example would be the closest to doing this??
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 23:23
There's no specific example demonstrating this however, if you consider how it can be achieved there are a few options open to you. I suppose the closest example to this would be the bungee one in the cloth section. I think perhaps one of the better ways to make grass would be to make each blade out of a collection of rigid bodies. You could attach the bottom part to the ground and use use spherical joints to hook the rest together. I've seen a demo that works like this in the AGEIA PhysX SDK. It can certainly be replicated in Dark Physics. I'm not sure how much use this effect is on a large scale as I can't imagine it running fast but maybe it can be used sparingly to create an impressive effect.

I suggest you take a look at all the demos contained within Dark Physics and get a good idea of how things work. From there you can get some ideas of where you can go with it all. Try and start off with simple things and work your way up to more complex effects.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 00:25
ok thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 07:04:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 07:04:58