Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / licence question : selling applications to private market (not a game)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I wonder what is the deal with AGEIA if i wanna sell a DBP/DP application to a customer like a company which will use it on its intranet or on the commercial guy's laptops ?
I mean not a game, but a demo to explain stuff, a visualisation application, small 'serious game' or whatever i need.
I have the habit to use flash + mdm studio to make that kind of jobs but i wanna be able to sell 3D demos when needed.
I own DBP + plugins since a month and so far it works pretty fine for me. Of course DarkPhysics seems pretty cool (i've bought it too) and i'd like to use it if i need.
I'm not sure i'll be able to finish a commercial game a day (not sure i even want that) but i'm sure i'll want make & sell small applications without loosing time (deadlines !) to get useless approval (imho), or adding hardware features that my customer doesnt care.
I see nothing about that kind of case so i have to ask

(please forgive my weak english)
Freid

www.freid.com
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 10:54
I'm not entirely certain how the situation would be handled in your case. However, next week AGEIA are going to release information on their web site about the integration between Dark Physics and the PhysX SDK. This should go some way to explaining how everything works.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 21:43
Yes, I think this is a good question. I'm just making a screensaver out of some moulding machinery. very niche, but I have the end-user in mind!

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 05:57
I suggest to make a sticky about licensing, just to have all the issue information in one easily reachable place.

May the 3d force B with U
Freid
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Quote: "However, next week AGEIA are going to release information on their web site about the integration between Dark Physics and the PhysX SDK. This should go some way to explaining how everything works."

I'm just wondering where !?

www.freid.com
Freid
Years of Service
User Offline
Oups ! saw that in another post from Mike:
"They haven't updated it yet. Trust us, we will announce it as soon as they do!"

Again we have to wait....
I hope Ageia's cpus are working faster than their employees ;P
Just kidding
Freid

www.freid.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:32:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:32:50