Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Cloth issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed a couple of issues with cloth.

If I attach a cloth to a vertical pole and set it up like a flag, with velocity on it to make it flap, ok fine. How would I do turbulence in the wind? I don't see any kind of 'rippling' effect in the cloth (though I thought I saw it in one of the demos).

Also, if I put a box behind the flag, and it flaps and hits the box, I can see box poking through the flag. When the flag moves forwards it seems to get caught inside the box and becomes trapped. Any way to prevent that poke-through and subsequent trapping?

"Reality Bites"
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 13:44
Quote: "if I put a box behind the flag, and it flaps and hits the box, I can see box poking through the flag"

PHY SET SKIN WIDTH may help to resolve this issue, increase the skin value.

imekon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 13:53 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 13:56
Quote: "
PHY SET SKIN WIDTH may help to resolve this issue, increase the skin value.
"

I did try thickness... but setting that too killed my system, cpu usage through the roof. Hadn't thought of skin with, I'll try it.

"Reality Bites"
imekon
Years of Service
User Offline
Skin width had no effect either.

Here's a sample to show the problem - as the flag swings back, the red cube behind it pokes through, then the flag seems to snag at the bottom and get caught. Change the y acceleration on the flag to something else, and it doesn't seem to happen.

"Reality Bites"

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:33:01