Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Evil Mansion - playable DEMO

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 13:47 Edited at: 11th Aug 2006 13:55
Evil Mansion - a suspense / Horror adventure

You can download the demo here:

http://files.filefront.com/Mansionzip/;5380673;;/fileinfo.html

Story:
Well, it´s a classical horror experiance inspired by various movies.

on a dark and stormy night, your car breakes down on a lonesome lane. The only sign of cilivisation in an old mansion in the distance.

The demo level gives you the opportunity to explore part of the mansions interiour.

The main point in this game is atmospheare and suspense, not action an fighting.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 14:41
Wow...

It was amazing! The mood was stellar, the music was great, and it was just plain fun. The foyer was set out brilliantly, and one particular "scare" made me jump--something that rarely happens!

However, I did end up dying. The (presumably) non-linear flow of the demo meant that I ended up facing enemies before I had a weapon, which posed a huge problem and lead to my death. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent! Loading time was great too, something rarely found in FPSC games. Framerate was a little below what I would've hoped, but stayed steady nonetheless. Great job!

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 15:18
im sortof speachless...

this is great...

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "on a dark and stormy night, your car breakes down on a lonesome lane. The only sign of cilivisation in an old mansion in the distance."

I like story lines like this

played the demo, nice creepy atmosphere, reminded me of Resident Evil, There could have been a weapon earlier on as I was getting blasted by a zombie lol

overall, a very good start, I hope you continue to make this game better. good job so far!
King of Trees
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 01:30
man that SUX!!!!! File front doesnt work for me. is there another way i can get it?

Your signature has been erased by a mod
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 09:48 Edited at: 12th Aug 2006 09:48
Very well done! You certainly evoked a creepy atmosphere, and it was refreshing not to have to shoot something every time I opened a door. The mansion was well designed, the lighting was good and the music was spot-on. I did had the same problem as Jiffy though, I came under attack before finding a weapon and was shot to death while clutching a speed-loader and wishing for a gun!

Cheers

- Graham

Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 10:28
The setting and atmosphere of the game is awesome! Great job! I liked how you made the voices and cut scene.

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 19:23 Edited at: 12th Aug 2006 19:23
Definitely great atmosphere, but I still have to agree about the no weapon thing. Perhaps if you had made it more like a typical zombie- slow and attacking with hand to hand- it wouldn't be so difficult. In fact more zombies would have been cool , but with out guns. All in all I give it a out of 5

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:11
Can you make some screenshots, please

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:18
Man, I hate dial-up. The game sounds good; I'll have to get to a high-speed connection soon. I agree with Johny though; can you provide a few more screens for us please?

-Keith

Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:38
Keith, how can you live without high-speed internet?

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 00:13
It's hard, but lack of extra money for that is a factor.

Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 11:15
I also have dial-up, so I didn't get to play the demo, but the screenshot looks awesome!

I used to have one of those signs, but then realized how annoying it was...
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 20:04
Thx KeihtC. I have high-speed internet, but now is slow

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 00:27 Edited at: 14th Aug 2006 00:28
My Review of the demo:

At first glance I thought that the game was going to be another cookie cutter FPS game posing as a horror game (there are so many these days) but I was delighted to discover that it was not in any way "just another Horror game." This game is a rare jewel. It actually made me fear going around the next corner. This is saying a lot since I thought that ID's attempt at scaring me with DOOM 3 was lame at best.

Graphics- The game's level design is one of the best I have seen in a while. *****

Gameplay- Though you do run into enemies before you get a weapon, the gameplay is otherwise solid. ****

Bottom Line- ****1/2 Stars Out of five. This game is a solid piece of gaming gold.

Linux Rocks.
IxiPRO
Years of Service
User Offline
i need help...
this is verry good game with good music
but i can't find pistol. I have find ammo, key, key 2 and telephone
and zombie but i dont know where is a pistol.
Can anybodey helping me?
thanks

I am IxiPRO
Welt perfekt ionierer
Years of Service
User Offline
First, thanks a lot to all of you for your kind words and your feedback.
Ich am happy to hear that most of you like my level.

@king of trees - I´m sorry, but the demo is not uploaded anywhere else yet.

One word to those wanting a gun so fast:
My opinion about creating a real horror feeling consists in leaving the player kind of "defenseles"

It was MEANT to let you face the first opponent before giving you a gun - for good reason -> beeing chased and hunted, playing hide and seek (and getting killed when that fails) is a situation that really scares (me).

Doom 3 wasnt scary because the player was ALWAYS equiped good enough, to kill everything that encountered him - no need for real fear...

HINT:
Before you are attacked, get the key next to the skeleton. It openes a door on the first floor (in the special looking corridor)
You will find a six-shooter-pump-action plus ammo - time for revenge hehehe! After taking down the zombie, don´t forget to get his python - you might need it in the following chapters...

Thank´s again for the good feedback
Welt perfekt ionierer
Years of Service
User Offline
The mansion outside (not reachable in the demo)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 05:49
Welt, I fully agree with the “defenceless” feeling; I personally use it in the beginning of my game, too. That said, I do find that there’s a small amount of leeway to be held. When the only enemies are slow and/or do not have weapons, the fear is more gradual and, in my opinion, more intense (but that’s for me; I personally find it scarier to have a death hanging just above my forehead and slowly creeping down on me then be blasted into it). However, because the first enemy has a weapon (a Python, nonetheless), it becomes a little “Woah, what can I do! I need to run” as opposed to “Woah, I need to find a weapon!”. Then, with the appearance of more enemies, it becomes even harder. But then that’s just my opinion.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 09:55
I must download the demo level!
You dont have new screenshots?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 10:38
Oh this is bad. Its a great effort and very chilling. If there was every going to be a showcase of FPSC this is probably it at the moment. I think it's all stock items too( well from what I seen ) and this proves it's just a little imagination.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 11:58
Stock plus Grave Matter, and I definitely agree.

MechaDJ
Years of Service
User Offline
[center]Post More Screensshots

My Game Is DeathRange
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 04:43
Yeah, I was running from the grave matter things and didn't get a good look. but read his credits. Still very little external media for this.

And $Knight$, screen shots don't do this justice. We've all seen FPSC media. It's the way its all put together that makes this so a nice work.
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 10:51 Edited at: 26th Aug 2006 22:45
EDIT: nvm i got it to d/l... great job, one of my favorite things was the quick loading time, ive never seen an FPSC game load so fast. one of the things that scared me was the lack of furniture. i dont know why, it just did... i guess its because most games usually have a lot, and it gives it more of a deserted feel... anyways excellent job on the game!

LOL..... my sig sucked so I DELETED IT!!!! =D
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 07:12 Edited at: 26th Nov 2006 07:49
When's this due for a release the demo is superb?
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 03:10
I would have to say it was a fun demo to try out. Just a little disappointed ammo but no gun but that's ok. The mood was pretty creepy. I'm sure there will be plenty more good stuff on the way.
Very good job.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 23:39:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 23:39:42