Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / vehicle automatic positioning

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I'm playng with the vehicle physx command and demos.
What I notice is the car always try to come back on the 4 wheels, doesn't matter how much you try to turn it, or how high you jump..
The car automatically return on the 4 wheels..

How can I disable it?
If I wanna simply land after a jump with the car down and the wheels up?
Thanx in advance.

Lucka - gawteam coder - www.gawgames.com
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 17:45
Are you using the automatic car or manuel?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
same result with both..

In the demo Vehicle arena, for example, you can't put your car "wheels up", when the angle become too much "out of normal" the physics response start to be strange.. and the car always land on the four wheels..

does anybody else notice it?

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm that stinks and i thought that was coded into the demo...did not reallize it was an automized "feature". That totaly defeats my concept i was building lol back to the tutorials to research this hopefully not back to the drawing board.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 12:14
You can make it tip over quite easily by changing some of the parameters and also create effects such as sliding around. Try experimenting with some of the values and you will soon see different results.
DTsine
Years of Service
User Offline
@Mike,

yer its easy to make it tip over as you say and I havent noticed any problems with getting it to stay on its roof and not land on its wheels.

As for making the car slide around I cant say I have seen this, maybe you could tell us which values will make the car do this?

Rich
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, sorry for the delay, but I was playing with different settings and value.

I'd like to clarify some points:

1) What I suppose is the demo have no "special coded" features, is exactly what we get in a standard code (can't see any feature that calculate how put the car always on the 4 wheels)

2) With a totally new program, I can put the car on the roof, it's simply too difficult, I still think that the engine always try to leave the car on the wheels, just in case of a total disaster you can spin it off.

3) I bought an Asus card with Physx acceleration, I love it! So, people, help Ageia supporting the hardware! (it's only my opinion, off course, but I trust in it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:17:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:17:43