Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / EEK!! Problems installing Dark Physics!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I have received the full version of Dark Physics, and have installed it on. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone horribly wrong. After running the 6.2 update then the Physics update. I tried running DB. It came up but no physics or any order key request.
So I checked again and I think it has installed to the demo directory I downloaded a few days ago to try it. So I uninstalled the demo and tried again. No luck, it kept putting the files in the demo directory.
Next I figured I would uninstall Dark Basic and start from scratch. No luck there either.

A couple of restore points later (my last attempt) I am no closer to installing. In fact I would say things are pretty messed up. Anyone know a way to definateley clear all signs of the install's so I can try to start from afresh, short of wiping my system (which I really don't want to do). I hate messing with the registry, but looks like it may be my only option now...

Help!

Check out Project Desert Storm

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=83458&b=8
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I've sorted it out now. The updaters finally saw the correct version of DB and installed. Not tried anything yet but at least it runs and has the new icon showing

Check out Project Desert Storm

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=83458&b=8
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 20:14
I'm pleased to hear you have got things sorted. With the trial being installed it probably updated the registry and left the DB Pro install path pointing to the trial version which in turn confuses the installer and so it chooses to install there by default. If it does this again check the directory when installing and make sure it is going to the directory where the full version of DB Pro is installed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:21:27