Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Materials and Skin Widths

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 15:31
Hi All,

Anyone suggest any materials or a skin width to keep this from collapsing?

Robin

P.S. after about 10 floors it just falls...
ESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 14:24
*bump*

Hi All,

No-one has any ideas?

I have found that if I use 'phy set rigid body linear damping' to 100, I can construct huge buildings, but they then do not collapse.

Robin
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
I do not believe that material or skin width would help at all in this case however you may want to look at both fixed joints and joint break limits. Those would allow you to bolt the supports to the floors and make it much more secure and still allow for some physics to knock it over depending on the amount of forces applied to it

ESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:02
Hi BossKeith/All,

If I try to model Stonehenge, why would I wish to use joints?

I simply wish to stack some objects so they don't fall.

Robin
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:35 Edited at: 12th Sep 2006 16:39
but in reality even with out some adhesive force it will not stay up. however increasing the mass of the objects will help, and a fixed joint is more like a nail than a true joint it eliminates all degrees of freedom and keeps it attached. you are trying to create something by default settings that is 51 meters tall it is going to need something to hold it together.

edit
if this is going to be a permanent object that cannot be destroyed then you will not have to use fixed joints ...just create it as static rigid bodies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:54:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:54:35