Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Odd problem with phsics collison

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 00:43 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 00:48
Hello, I posted a day ago about a problem with ball physics. I sorted that, but have an odd problem, which may be a bug. I have 2 machines one with an ATI card and one with an Nvidia. I run my code on the Nvidia and it works ok. On the ATI system the mesh has no collision. If I run just the exe on the ATI system it runs fine. The code lets it fall through the object like it doesn't exist. Both are updated to the latest version of DP and have the latest drivers installed for both graphics and physics.

Here is the code and object to see if anyone else has the same problem. Run the exe first and see how it works. Arrow keys move the ball around. Beware, the ball falls straight into a hole in the scene at the moment, so steer it onto a solid part of the floor.

Hopefully the exe will work. Now try the code. Let me know if it falls through the floor. I can't see any reason why this would happen, unless I had a different version of DB on each which I know isn't the case(or shouldn't be).

Let me know how it works out please.

P.S. AHHHH, I mistyped the title and can't change it!!!

P.P.S. Dear me, my keyboard needs replacing, looked my post over again and noticed more typos! No longer though! Ignore my ramblings if you haven't noticed the typo's lol.

Check out Project Desert Storm

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=83458&b=8

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, 27 views and not one person has tried it? Has anyone tried? Does it work or not? I really want to see if anyone else gets the exe to work and not the code, and what spec their machines are.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 17:33
I was unable to extract the file. Can you provide it in rar or zip format please?
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh, sorry, it was in ace format. Here's a zip.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 19:30 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 19:32
The ball is being created too low. It's inside the hole when it's created, and is already falling through. I just moved the ball up and all was good.

I also added asynchronous updates. It runs fine without it, but you'd might as well have it, I suppose.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:41:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:41:32