Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 01:17
Mainly directed at Mike this one. There was a mention at one point of a full ragdoll demo. i.e. a fully rigged character (1 object) operating as a ragdoll with correct joint limits etc. rather than the separate objects with no limits in the demos. Just wondered if there were any plans to release this soon? I'm still struggling with ragdolls and setting up joint limits particularly.

Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 00:53
I'd like to second this request! What are the basics to setting up a ragdoll?

I am guessing that a bone model, a simplified collision model and the "visual" model are required...

BLACKMESA:SOURCE - mod for HL2 - Texture Artist
BIRTHSTAR:FRONTLINE - Texture & Environment Artist
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 11:42
No progress on this demo yet. For now I'd recommend taking a look at the rope demo to see how everything is applied to a bone based model. After doing this examine how the ragdoll demos operate using joints. You need to set up a combination of the 2 to get what you want. It can be a time consuming process but the results will be worth it.
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 00:34
I've been trying to get the Ragdoll system to work with fully boned mesh. I feel I'm getting quite close to getting it working but I'm not sure what the exact rules are.

(See Attachment) Each rigid body has been paired up with each bone but this is what I'm getting. I think it's the skeleton (it has null objects at the end of each bone which aren't paired up to rigid bodies.)

I have tried a much simpler setup on a segmented capsule and result is similar where the mesh doesn't match the behaviour of the rigid bodies. The code i'm using is below:-

Any suggestions?

BLACKMESA:SOURCE - mod for HL2 - Texture Artist
BIRTHSTAR:FRONTLINE - Texture & Environment Artist

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:39:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:39:37