Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Slow down when using move charcter control

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 04:31
Hey I'm making a pretty big game so I have lots of things in my engine which run pretty smooth.

I am now implementing physics and thought Id start with basic movement so I made a character controller and made my terrain a static mesh. Everything still runs smoothly but than I put in phy move character controller and it goes down to 3-4 fps.

Could it be that the terrain is to big because I made a simpler one just using a static box and a character controller and it worked fine

Naruto is the ninja...not really

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 06:33
Sorry for the double post but I just took out what made the static terrain and it runs fine(except for the fact that it goes through the terrain when it goes down) so any ideas on how to get the fps at around 60 with the terrain.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 06:39
try using this, it will stop your object falling through.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 07:05
I added it and it didnt work probably because I did something wrong but it wasnt listed in the help file. Does it make a plane because I have a terrain and need it to go up and down with the terrain using physics

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 13:39
Just makes a flat plane that your object should stop on look in rigid demos at ground plane, in case I forgot to show something else.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 07:24
I saw it and it just made a flat plane but I want it to move along the terrain but not so slowly so wouldnt I need to use phy make rigid body static terrain?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:27:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:27:38