Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Kalimée - V. 1.1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 14:01 Edited at: 12th Sep 2006 14:02
Hi there!
Here I come fially with the release of Kalimée!!!
You can download the game wich is 138mb.

You can download it directly from the link below:
Direct download

And if you want to have a look to the official site click on te link below:

Official Site

You have to install the game before you can play.
Oce installed, you'll be able to play until the level 3.
Aftr the end of theleel you'll be asked to itoduce the activaton key that you can obtain from the site opened or by clicking on thelink below:
THE KEY

The first 8 persons that will download the game & register on the forum with a valid e-mail can send me a mail asking for a free key. First arrived, first served rule.

Report on the official forum or in this thread any bug found.(But I hope you will found none)...

So, thanx fr the support & if you helped me & you'renot mentioed in the credits (in the intro movie OR in the menu credits section) feel free to contact me... I can say that it wasn't intentionally.

Cheers & have fun!!!!

So, if you want to link from your site to mine, feel free to use this banner (Diect link tote pictueis OK!) & use the address below:

image: http://www.vues3d.com/kalimee/banner2.jpg

ENGLISH: http://www.vues3d.com/ke_index.htm
FRENCH: http://www.vues3d.com/kf_index.htm
ITALIAN: http://www.vues3d.com/ki_index.htm

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 17:51
Hey, I just played it until level 3 I think, The animations were a nice touch, and the game felt alot more professional than most other dbp made games i have played.

Aside from that, I have a few C&C about it, This goes for the whole game I think, did you use timer based movement? cause the menu for instance seems to scroll through every option very quick and you have to tap keys to select things, and the typing test on level 2 seems pretty quick towards the end.

My only gripe with the gameplay, is that there didn't seem to be any logic towards the puzzles I tried, For instance the first one just reset every time making it a guessing game, and level 2 was merely a typing speed test, and i'm very sure that alot of people would fail on that, or atleast the speed it seemed to be going on my pc.

The start of level 3 was very dark, and I wasn't sure if I was still inside some guided tour or I had to move, but once I got past the shadowed area I saw the puzzle, which didn't make much sence to me.

Maybe I just didn't read the hint correctly? cause I was selecting those baloons in many various ways and it kept resetting, anyway perhaps i'm just too stupid to solve it .

Hallowed are the ori.
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 18:07 Edited at: 12th Sep 2006 18:09
Hi Dark code.
Thanx for the feedback on your download...
So, the game have been intentionally created in this way. You will NEVER play a level as others & you have to take the time to read & LOOK all around you. It's not quite a speed game or fps, so you have to be "calm" when playing.

As you noticed, first level is a guessing game (it resets each 4 mistakes), the second is a typing speed puzzle (& the speed of the final stage is right - in order to make the last stage a bit more difficult). (But I will check if I forgot to set the framerate on the same rate as others.)

The third stage.... hum...

I won't say anything.... because if you look well, each time you fill the square with the ballons, the game erases the wrong ones BUT dont move the ones that have been placed RIGHT before canceling everything & begin again... as I've said... player has to be attentive to the whole game. It's a REAL puzzle game & nothing is so easy.

For the menu, I'll also have a look...

Thanx again for the feedback & congrats!!!!

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 18:42
I downloaded it and installed it but my PC is overheating a bit today because it is bloomin hot and so I've got a couple of BSOD's when playing 3d games. So I'll have to wait until it's cooled down a bit.

Anyhow I just got to beginning of level 3 before it crashed out and it from what I've seen so far it looks pretty good and I can see a lot of work as gone into it, but I think a bit more spit and polish would have worked wonders.

I don't like the stuttering of the intro movie, the stuttering of the level loading animation and specially the stuttering of the blue starfield thingy. I assume it's when objects are loaded and deleted you get it, so probably nothing you can do, but it makes it look unprofessional.

The menu problem is not too bad, but definelty a bigger pause after going up or down a menu would be nice.

Control method is a bit weird in having to press both mouse buttons to move and with a lack of instructions you are left to fathom that out for yourself.

Installer defaults the folder name to;

C:\Program Files\Kalimée - The Surrealistic Puzzle Game (SPG) -

which is a bit long don't you think - probably best to shorten to just Kalimee

As I said before I'll play again later and give a proper verdict.

Boo!
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Vues3D,

The game is interesting and challenging. I noticed if you press ESC to try to get through the start up animations, the game continues until the menu screen and then quits. I completed through the first three levels (typing test was a bit tricky) and got through the colored balls. Clicked the link at the end for your web site, but could not determine how to register and then provide an e-mail for the unlock code (free key). Again a very nice game with pleasant music. My children enjoyed playing.

Thanks
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 20:39
maybe I did something wrong, but I wasn't able to walk around whe the game loaded level 1... I could move the mouse around the screen, but none of the keys would make me move at all... Did I do something wrong, or does this not control like an fps or a myst game?

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 20:54

Seems that a little explanation is necessary at the beginning of the level 1.
I modified the file & the new install should be on the server tonight.
Anyway...

COMMANDS:
To walk: Left & right click (Mouse)
To turn: right click (Mouse)
To select: Left click (Mouse)

Thanx for te comments that are very helpful!!!

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 21:12
Looks good, i'll download & comment it

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 01:01
So, I've uploaded the new version.
No spectacular changes but:

- You have movement explanation at the beginning of the 1st level
- Choosing the options in the menu is slower

JosephB: have a look in your Hotmail e-mail folder.

ATTENTION: To pass the cinematics & Intro movie, press "SPACE BAR".
Seems that I just forgot to disable the escapekey, so when you press it, you just END the game!

ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, interesting game from what I saw of it. Only played through the first level though cause I was busy with other stuff. A few things though.

1: Your installer installs an empty Kalimee folder in my start menu. There's no shortcut to the exe at all except for the one on the desktop.

2: I waited like 5 minutes for the game to load, then ended up pressing spacebar and the main menu appeared. Did you put a Wait/Suspend For Key command in there?

3: It would be nice to be able to walk backwards and strafe, ie: better controls. Cause I ended up walking to close to the blocks and ended up having to keep walking forward, then turn aroud instead of simply backing up.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 01:38
Quote: "ZKAT8IT: 1: Your installer installs an empty Kalimee folder in my start menu. There's no shortcut to the exe at all except for the one on the desktop."

Seems that you're right... don't know why... I've to have a look in the setup builder!!!

Quote: "2: I waited like 5 minutes for the game to load, then ended up pressing spacebar and the main menu appeared. Did you put a Wait/Suspend For Key command in there?
"

Strange... none has had this problem BUT: as the game starts loading & building media, on a PC it could take a while to do this first step. Normally it should take between 30 & 60 seconds (You should hear the firsts sounds of the guitar in the music then you get the main menu).

Quote: "3: It would be nice to be able to walk backwards and strafe, ie: better controls. Cause I ended up walking to close to the blocks and ended up having to keep walking forward, then turn aroud instead of simply backing up.
"

It's a suggestion... but I've to think about. I just had enough time to try my controls & I guess when you'll handle them, you'll be able to do whatever you want with those 2 buttons!

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 10:32
So, it took me a little while to think about this issue, but I finally found a solution.

The new version hasn't the "blue" video & media are managed differently. So now, You just have to wait the level loads (Loading movie).

To make the new version work properly, you need to uninstall the previous version & Install the new one.

The file is a bit larger thatn the previous one. it's 140Mb.

So, for the moment... thanx for all the comments & e-mails.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 22:07
I was just about to download this, then I saw it was an install file.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 22:56
It's quite normal to have it as an istall file because the whole game manages around 900 files.... & it's impossible to include all of them in the exe file!

Anyway... the install file ONLY install the game in a folder called "Kalimée" & when you'll uninstall it, it will erase all the file. There's nothing more nowhere...

Redone the install file & now it's about 131mb.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:19
OK. Downloaded and played newer version up to the activation code bit. Hangs together a bit better now, but there's just not enough incentive for me to want to play any more levels as it's just not my cup of tea.

Boo!
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 20:49
Yay! This game looks real nice. I like the music on the site.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 17:50
The game looks really nice, but I have some input about a couple of things.

The puzzle on level one was guess work. There didn't seem to be any patter to identify. In any event, after a few guesses, I got it.

On level 2 the rotating objects look a bit off since they aren't lightmapped and the building is. You could lightmap them with a light directly overhead and they would match the surroundings.

I was almost done with level 3, I went to the menu to read a parchment, and I pressed 'Escape' to return to the game, and it closed the game. My other option seemed to be 'Exit', which I took to mean 'Exit to windows'. This upset me a bit, and seems inappropriate for a game.

So, nice job. I think that the puzzles should be tweaked a bit, because a few of them seem underdeveloped, especially considering how nice the environment looks.

Good job!

Come see the WIP!
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 21:42
Quote: "
The puzzle on level one was guess work. There didn't seem to be any patter to identify. In any event, after a few guesses, I got it.
"

This was intentional it shouldn't be too easy. Reading the text before the enter in the level explains that each 4 false tries, the puzzle changes.

On level 2 the rotating objects look a bit off since they aren't lightmapped and the building is. You could lightmap them with a light directly overhead and they would match the surroundings.
"

You're right, I already thought about this issue, & I'm trying to find a good solution...

I was almost done with level 3, I went to the menu to read a parchment, and I pressed 'Escape' to return to the game, and it closed the game. My other option seemed to be 'Exit', which I took to mean 'Exit to windows'. This upset me a bit, and seems inappropriate for a game.

"

Good point. I've just corrected this issue & re-compiled the file. I'm putting the new install on the server.
You can now press escape without breaking the game. to quit you can use the "q" key.

Thanx a lot for the feedback... new file should be on the server in the next 2 hours!!!

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 00:01
Hi , Vues!!

Your Game is great.

I pass all 3 levels and I am now in forth level.
But I have a little question.

Could you give me some tip , what can I do?

I am in the gallery.

When I enter through the door , I see one painting with four
cubes , I push these cube and the they are dissapeared and the painting changed. And one coin with the number 7 will appear.

After a lot of search I understand , when you finish one painting , more four squares will appear in the next paintings.

All paintings in the gallery seem to be sealed with one kind of magic fragment of cubes.

But I still dont understand when I press these cubes , they are rotating , other stopping and others seem to slide downwards or upwards , and I thing there is a secret combination to unlock the fragment and release the hiden painting.

But could you help me , I stuck.

I unlock the first painting and the appeared one coin with number 1 and one more painting (sealed) with cubes appeared , but I can't understand the logic , of cube combination.

Why these cubes are turning quick , or slow , or what happened if you left them and reach the floor?

Which is the correct order , I thing to press the cubes?

I confused!!

Could you help me and tell me , what could I do?

Thank you very very much.

http://i-access.gr/future/Banner.jpg
You are an elite hacker and try to save the cyberspace.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 00:53
Then I understand something else.

The one of four cubes , is spinning faster than other.

If you press in correct order other 2 or 3 cubes , some times
the cube which spinning quickly , it is spinning slow and the next cube release your hidden painting.

But I continue don;t understanding.

Now I manage to free four paintings... but I don;t know how!

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 00:58
Now I discover , the goal is to press the cube in order to make
the quick spinning cube stoped.

If you push other cubes and then push the quick spinning cube
will stop.

Then the other cubes will stop and release the painting.

I thing I solved.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 01:25
I solved this puzzle and I solved and the other one , and I am in front of the castle court.

I thing I solved and this puzzle , but I thing there is some little bug.

I suddenly crushed and I returned to windows with this error.

Runtime error 118 - Array does not exits or array subscript out of bounts at line 2555

You need to fix this error might be.

Pity I had solved many puzzles , now back to level 3 again.

You have made very good work with your game. But you need some game tester.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 01:30
Hi...
First of all I've to apologize for the late in the answer...
Hi , Vues!!
Your Game is great.
"

Thanx a lot!!!

Could you give me some tip , what can I do?
I am in the gallery.
When I enter through the door , I see one painting with four
cubes , I push these cube and the they are dissapeared and the painting changed. And one coin with the number 7 will appear.
After a lot of search I understand , when you finish one painting , more four squares will appear in the next paintings.
All paintings in the gallery seem to be sealed with one kind of magic fragment of cubes.
But I still dont understand when I press these cubes , they are rotating , other stopping and others seem to slide downwards or upwards , and I thing there is a secret combination to unlock the fragment and release the hiden painting.
But could you help me , I stuck.
I unlock the first painting and the appeared one coin with number 1 and one more painting (sealed) with cubes appeared , but I can't understand the logic , of cube combination.
Why these cubes are turning quick , or slow , or what happened if you left them and reach the floor?
Which is the correct order , I thing to press the cubes?
I confused!!
Could you help me and tell me , what could I do?
Thank you very very much.
"

He he he... Seems that is not so easy but in fact it's easy to understand how to solve this level...
Once you arrive in the 4th level, You get 4 rotating blocs. You've to find in which order you have to click on them. If you click & the stone cube stops means that you're right, if it turns in the opposite sense, means that you are wrong.
When you see the cubes bouncing up, means that you pressed the 4 blocks but wrongly & you have to begin again.
If you try to quit the room before revealing the 8 paintings... hum... try & you'll see...
Also, each time you unlock a painting, you get the central coin. Clicking on it, you'll get a clue for the next level.
The spinning speed is randomly created, just to increase a little the level difficulty.

I suddenly crushed and I returned to windows with this error.
Runtime error 118 - Array does not exits or array subscript out of bounts at line 2555
"

I'll have a look on this tomorrow... sounds strange... hum...

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 06:39
Really awsome! High res textures made dungeons look almost real.

and how did you do that sun? the glare like effect you had

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 13:09
Thanx PAGAN...

The lens flare effect is taken from a tutorial by "Mikkel Fredborg".
Don't exactly remember where I get it, I'm sure it was on the forum, but don't remember in which section. If interested, have a look with the serarch engine & look up for "lens flare"

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 19:34
For those who noticed a freeze when clicking on the "Load" in the main menu, a new exe file has been uploaded.

you can get the file on the download page: http://www.vues3d.com/ke_index.htm

unzip the exe file in the main directory of the game (should be c:\program files\kalimee)

Full update of the game should be up in the next few hours

thanx

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 12:39
Hi,
finally the first additionl level is now ready to be downloaded.
You can get it going on the game page located here:
Kalimée
Then choose the "Download" section...

Added on he site also a new section dedicated to the puzzles.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 16:24
Hi there...
After many questions, demands & suggestions... I finally changed the level 1 adding a message when the code is changed after the 4 mistakes. In this way, the player knows now that the key is being changing...
So, now, you can update your game loading the updated file or downloading again the whole game (up to you)...
Downloading the level 9, the main game is also updated by the install file.

Here the screen of the french version... naturally the message is in the main player language.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 14:55
The main site of the game has been updated & redrawed.

Use the old link or http://www.vues3d.com/kalimee.htm

Any comment, bug or whatever... welcome!

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 13:45
As I'm preparing a new demo of the game (88mb) I made some important changes.

In the first level, before using the 4 stones, you have to first find them.
In the 2d level the alphabet tiles have been changed
The main menu is now activated for the mouse, the graphical interface for the text has also been changed.

The new demo should be ready for the download tonight...

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 17:20
Hi everybody.

A new improved demo of Kalimée is ready to download.

- 88mb (instead of 135)
- Access to the menu (locked features) from the level 1
- 1st level modified. (Added a new rule)
- 2d level Tiles for the mini games have been changed
- 3d level (you have full access to the menu)
- Speed improved
- Modification of some graphical parts.
- Menu handled with the mouse

Thanx to everyone for the comments, suggestions & feed-back that were very useful...

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2007 17:19 Edited at: 16th Jan 2007 17:21
congratulations... you've put a lot of hard work into it for quite a while, and it's good to see the results of your labor finally come to fruition...

the video looks great... a visual toure de force...

gonna download and take a look...

good luck and may the license sales start pouring in...

--Mike
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 11:53
Hi Red..
Thanx for the congrats... Always a pleasure to read...

Tell me how was the experience.

Also, in the next few days, Kalimée will also be seen on ManifestoGames site...

Actually, making the additional level 9 & 10...

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 00:29
What codec did you use for your videos? I get an error after the game menu (could not load animation at line 5594)
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 16:38
Hi, this shouldn't be a codec problem because it's in WMV format.

Have a look in the "Level1" folder & tell me if in the folder there is the files
level1e.kal
level1f.kal
level1i.kal

if not, there is a problem with your install. You should re install it again.
People that installed it hasn't this error message... so the only thing it could happend is: missing file or wrong installation..

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 20:01 Edited at: 21st Jan 2007 20:05
Yes, I have all these files. Look screenshot attached , it's a messagebox I get before the "could not load animation..." message. It wants me to go to this link:

http://www.ligos.com/index.php/home/products/indeo/

[edit] I've unistalled and reinstalled everything, but I still get the same error...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 09:38
Bizarre... bizarre...

What's the name of the install?
Is it "KalimeeDemo.exe"?

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 12:58 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2007 13:00
Hmm, no it's KalimeeNew.exe . Do you know something about this Ligos thingy? Maybe it's a trojan or something like that on my computer? It's strange, any other video are working fine, it's just with your game's...

[edit] ooops, yes, you're right the installer's name is KalimeeDemo.exe , KalimeeNew.exe is the executable's name...
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 00:45
Hi everybody...
Just happy to see that Kalimée goes Manifesto today!

Kalimée on ManifestoGames

French Guy:
Really don't know where to see... You're the only one getting this error... & the thing that is really strange, is that I havent used the Indeo Codec... except in the very earlier version for the INTRO movie (which now is in WMV format - & that you've also seen when you run the game)
Which language have you choosen?
Try this:
If you played in FRENCH, rename "level1e.kal" or "level1i.kal" in "level1f.kal"

If you played in ENGLISH, rename "level1f.kal" or "level1i.kal" in "level1e.kal"

Tell me if you still get an error...
Very very very strange...

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 23:23 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 23:24
Little pic of the new level in progress. If all is OK, it should be downloadable in the next 2-3 weeks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:56:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:56:33