Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ageia has a Rocket demo which has cloth. In that demo there is a slider bar to set the different peramaters for the cloth while the demo is running. Is this possible in Dark Physics?

Thank you.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 09:23
DBPro is a programming language.

There's no slidey bars unless you add them, you can set the parameters when creating the cloth, like flexibility and polygon resolution, stuff like that.

''Stick that in your text and scroll it!.''
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 09:37
I think he just meant can you alter a cloths properties during runtime, and just using the sliding bars as an example, and the answer is yes, you can set the friction and gravity and stuff after the cloth has been created.

Hallowed are the ori.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 11:32
...after the update is installed. It wasn't possible in the original release.

AVC
Years of Service
User Offline
so it is or not possible?

What I am trying to do is play with the cloth while in runtime vs set param, compile, see results, close, change param, compile, see results, close, change param .......

It would be nice to build the cloth, insert a slider bar with a param range, and during runtime, move the slider to see the change and display the value.

Thanx guys.
Lani
Years of Service
User Offline
Already answered really, at least as far as I can tell.

No, there´s no standard sliding bar you can just pop in there - you´ll have to code it yourself.

However, adjusting the parameters in runtime should be possible (at least according to Dark Coder here, haven´t had need for that myself yet), but the user interface for doing it you´ll have to create yourself.
AVC
Years of Service
User Offline
I am really new to Basic, and can't find any documentation on how to even start. I would be extremely greatfull if someone could give me a basic example of how to do it.

Thank you.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 04:53
Look in the command reference manual that comes wiith DP, and goto the cloths/properties area.

Hallowed are the ori.
AVC
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, but an example of an app with a slider changing a peram would just make my day.

Thanx again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:52:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:52:20