Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Vehicle wheels - radius and height clarification

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 00:16
I need a bit of clarification as to what the 'radius' and 'height' settings refer to when using phy add vehicle wheel
I would have expected the 'radius' to mean the radius of the wheel (i.e. distance from centre to edge) and the 'height' to mean the diameter (i.e. bottom edge to top edge) but that seems redundant if you know the radius. Whats thrown me off more is the fact that in the help it gives an example where the height is a smaller value than the radius.
Can anyone explain it to me, please?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 05:36
Could it mean the height from the axle?, so basically suspension height?.

Hallowed are the ori.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 00:35
Nice idea dark coder but surely the wheels centre should be on the axle. It makes no sense to me and the help just says:
radius#, radius of the wheel
height#, height of the wheel

I have come across another problem too. Does the native angle of the vehicle model have to be pointing to the right in order for it to move in the correct direction? Its very odd because the model I have created faces away from you by default. The wheels move in the correct direction and yet the vehicle seems to only want to move to the right. If I rotate my model 90 degress and save it, it then seems to move correctly but the wheels rotate around the wrong axis. Having checked the examples it appears that the whole width, height, length order of parameters is screwed up for some of the vehicle commands.
I am starting to tear my hair out.
DTsine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 00:14 Edited at: 26th Sep 2006 23:27
Hey,

Ok I cant help you with the radius,height thing really the height I dont know aout yet but the radius is the radius of the wheel. I feel the same as you cant see the point in the height if you know the radius

As for your problem with the direction your car faces I can help with that a bit as I had the same problem and spent 5 hours sorting it out !!!

There are two ways of doing it, first in your model package you rotate your wheels to one direction and your car body to the other, or just find out which limb is the body of the car and rotate that limb within dark basic.

and as far as I can tell yes it has to be facing that way!!

Rich

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:46:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:46:52