Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] NEW! Helix Games Model Pack #1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 14:12 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 14:15
Hello everyone,

this is the new thread of our Modelpack,

I 100% guarantee, that no textures are ripped from any games or other works now, see the new promo picture:

(Some entities in the picture are not part of the pack!)

The process was actually set to 30 %

A full list of all contents will be posted soon

I there are any questions, don't be afraid, ask!

Added Segments:
Many different plaster walls

Added Entities:
a new trash can
a vertical ladder without script
2 vents

more...

Nighthawk

-- This is not the best English, i'm from Germany
My System: Dell Dimension 5000, Intel P4 530J 3,0 GHz, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Sapphire Radeon X1900GT, BenQ FP71E+
-- Helix Games Head Developer --
Lukeirado
Years of Service
User Offline
*first to post*

Nice job with the models... Too bad they are not 4 free!

"My life flashed through my eyes... It was really boring."
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 18:16
but cheap ^^

My System: Dell Dimension 5000, Intel P4 530J 3,0 GHz, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Sapphire Radeon X1900GT, BenQ FP71E+
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 18:56
hmm, not that much, and if you are showing off the barrels as your own, they look a lot like the default ones so I don't need those.

the other models are quite simple also, If I really wanted them I could make them.

I think I'm gonna pass and save up for corepak vol.2

keep at it though.

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 18:59 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 18:59
your decision

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:38
@Nighthawk
I hope ya fail miserably personally. I can't see how your even still on this forum this soon after your last model/texture pack.

Kinda BS really. Others get banned for less.

@Members
Only way to deal with a thief is close him out in a community. Regardless of if these textures are of his own making, his original intent was that of deceit for the gain of profit. And, at your expense no less. I mean, had that pack ever been published, Valve would have been up every ones butt that used it and distributed it. I don't see how anyone with a clear conscience can support a man that cares so little about his clients. I also don't see how this member is still posting but thats up to the mods and staff here.

I belive my above statements conform to the rules set currently posted in not only the Showcase section but in any other part of the forum. The closest a rule comes to this is:

-Users will not threaten each other; although constructive arguments/disagreements are allowed. Play nice.

No threats....no profanity....and a disagreement about the inclusion of this member is all that is posted.
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:43
Quote: "If Nighthawk wants to post a new thread, contain textures he can guarantee 100% that he made himelf, with NOTHING taken from already existing works, then we'll be happy to see it posted."

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:46 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 20:49
Mods I am sure will keep a close eye on the goings on here and investigate further if need be.

"100% guarantee, that no textures are ripped from any games or other works"

And the Models?

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:52 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 20:53
self-made,

but the model of the reflecting cylinder is the same like in FPSC, because it just adds a normal-map and the settings to the original

(if you mean the models in the picture: i used some entities from the Modelpacks to decorate the scenery)

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 21:03
Nighthawk,

Yes I understand fully their decorative purpose.

Of course I was refering only to models to be sold as part of your model pack.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 21:14
That is not the point Uman....point is this guys a thief and shouldn't be here period. The mods have proven a lack of doing the right thing where this is concerned imo( and others ), so you guys "keeping an eye" on things isn't real comforting to the majority of us( I got IM'ed concerning their disbelief of this member/thread being posted). But this is you guys domain. This isn't a democracy,it's a dictatorship, as all forums are. I understand this. I mean Cubans have to get along where they live regardless what is done at top levels. This doesn't mean the people have to be happy about everything. So it's OK to allow this member to post a new thread....It's also OK for us to shun this member and perhaps educate new members that may be unaware of his dealings.

Like sending Valve the letters I just belive this a case where its up to the members to do the right thing here and not purchase any of this members products.

Just my opinion
Loc
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 21:37 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 21:39
what is in that $10 pack anyhow?

I mean, a sofa, a trashcan, a ladder, and an acu.

Seriously $10 for that is a ripoff.

Those should be free.

oh, and just so you know, Helix Games Inc. is already taken by someone else, do a google search.

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 22:17
Locrian,

I appreciate your concerns and Moderators and TGC are grateful I am sure to those who help in pointing out legitimate concerns and bringing them to attention where otherwise those concerns and the implications of them may not be fully understood or overlooked. I have said that before and say it again now.

How the forums are Moderated however is not up for debate here.

As a general comment Moderators have a job to do and they will do it within the parameters available to them and using their judgement as they do in all forum matters unless TGC want to step in - in any interim period and take matters away from them into their own hands in any particular case.

All current and future users should know by now or be aware that theres no future here at the very least for them if they indulge in illegal practices - the have and will be caught out and the consequences can be serious.

Such persons will not prevail here.

Personally I have no other comment at this stage.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
"Surfaces : Visual Research for Artists, Architects, and Designers" by Judy A. Juracek.

Look it up.

I was going to post this in the other thread but it was locked before I had a chance. On the last page where Nighthawk posted the comparison comp between his maps and the HL2 maps; all but the original ones he created can be found on the companion CD that comes with the book. They were not photographed by valve.

It only takes a moment to make those images tilable... he could have saved himself a lot of drama by going directly to the source.

Just sayin...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 22:33
I'm not clear on this;

Quote: "but the model of the reflecting cylinder is the same like in FPSC, because it just adds a normal-map and the settings to the original
"

Are you selling the original model with your normal map on it?

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 00:07 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 00:12
you pay for the work, not for models or textures

actually there are two versions, the original cylinder and another cyliner with a normal map, the second will be selled, he's actually not visible in the pack

Quote: "what is in that $10 pack anyhow?

I mean, a sofa, a trashcan, a ladder, and an acu.

Seriously $10 for that is a ripoff.

Those should be free.

oh, and just so you know, Helix Games Inc. is already taken by someone else, do a google search."

1. the pack doesn't contain a sofa yet, in the promo pic only a few pieces of the pack are visible, the pack is actually bigger than the most which are avialable
2. We call us "Helix", "Helix Games" or "Helix Project" but not "Helix Games Incorporated". I searched already for this with google.

Helix Games Inc. is not a company, it's a page of a hobby game-maker, nothing commercial

Here's a little list of the modelpack containings (not all)

- 3 sorts of different, animated water decals
- 2 different working ladders (without script)
- some trashcans
- trains, railways
- other vehicles
- many plants
- 2 vents
- 5 different plaster walls
- some house segments/outdoor segments
- some blood-splats
- rocks/stones
- pipes
- containers
- barrels

and so on

and the process is at 30%, i think 20 would better

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 00:14 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 00:16
Quote: "you pay for the work, not for models or textures"

Regardless of what you feel we would be paying for, it is illegal to sell someone else's models in your pack without their express consent. If you have included someone else's models in your pack, I suggest you take them out. If the pack only includes the enhancements and not the actual models, then you are safe.

Quote: "actually there are two versions, the original cylinder and another cyliner with a normal map, the second will be selled, he's actually not visible in the pack"

I'm still not sure which is the case because you seem to be evasive with your answers. I for one will steer clear of anything you sell at this point for that reason.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 01:34
@Silent Thunder,
Quote: "Helix Games Inc. is already taken by someone else"

Dose this surprise you? I mean, has this member showed much that 'has' been his own?

@Uman,
Quote: "How the forums are Moderated however is not up for debate here."

Hmmm....funny.....Rich(whom I take it is above any mod) thinks every things a public debate here:
Quote: " Under no circumstances should anything ever happen on this forum that requires this. It should be a public debate and outcome."

Now even if I disagree with this, this is kind of the precedence that has been set. No ones debating how stuff was handled any ways. I think its quite obvious. A thread got locked....done...fini

@Errant AI,
Your obviously a pro artist, we've all seen your work and the references to the companies you've worked for. Yeah, I'm sure there is a place where Valve got there photo realistic stuff.....But I'm going to bet dollars to donuts that if images used in Valves products are on that CD, that Valve has made arrangements with whomever the copyright holder of that publication is. Either a person is deceitful or isn't. Being online like we are, it's best to use your first impression of a person as it's easy to act nice, and like all is fine to regain peoples trust. A wolf in sheep clothing is still a wolf. I think theres enough 'wolves' online personally.

& In Reflection,
My post aren't really about this members new product. It may be handmade. Don't care one way or another. These post also aren't in any attempt getting this guy banned. He squeaked by some how, and his fate didn't mirror those of others who did the exact same things. This is also fine. I wish this member all the luck in the world with his endeavor. I also have this burning feeling to turn out some free textures and models once again.
(And now, since I know I skate on thin ice on this thread and subject, I'll do my bit to conform with the rules of the forum to keep this on topic.)
Thanks for the inspiration. Cant wait till you post a list of all the models in this upcoming pack.

Signed,
Sincerely Waiting On You
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 02:34
Just to clarify the position for all FPSC forum users regarding whats for public debate with regard to content herein.

Any comments regarding the legality of content considered at these forums by users concerned with the issue should be open for public debate - while any particular matter is still open for debate. Any comment any user has regarding any Moderators actions is also best directed appropriately here within the parameters of the AUP in my opinion as well as perhaps that of TGC.

That means as long as any comments made are done so politely and opinions expressed in a reasonable and civil manner if they wish to comment at all.

Comment and debate are quite different. Users can comment as following the above. Moderators are not obliged to return comment.

Moderators actions are not open to public debate and they are not obliged either to justify or debate them with users. That has not been and will not be the case unless TGC direct it be so in which case Moderators will carry out TGC directives or resign their positions.

Certainly FPSC moderators policy will not be dictated by the general user membership as a whole or any individual user member however much they wish it be so.

Please keep this thread on topic or I will remove all off topic content and anything relating to debate of Moderators actions in this or any other thread it appears in.

This thread will be left - to remain open until TGC or a Moderator decides otherwise.

Thank you all for your co-operation.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 03:32 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 03:33
Patience is a virture.

Here is my decision regarding this thread :

Nighthawk,

When you have something finished and complete to distribute here either free or at cost :

At such time as you have decided exactly what your pack is going to contain then you need display a full list of the contents by attaching visible jpeg screen shots of all content and additionally make available here full details of any copyrights regarding all pack materials.

You should read all forum rules and guidlines and make sure your content fully complies : You should in particular read the rules in my post here :

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=82423&b=24

It is in your own best interest to do so.

It is your responsbility to ensure you can meet the requirements and supply full details of content and copyrights and not the end users responsibility to need to seek clarrification.

If there is any doubt as to the legality of content you will not necessarily be given the benefit of it and Moderators reserve the right to take whatever action they fit as is necessary within their remit.

Currently you have no finshed pack and lack complete details as requested in support of this thread.

It is therefore premature to post.

Please try again later when you work is fully prepared making sure your pack content materials fully comply with forum rules and guidlines.

Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:17:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:17:11