Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / new function for dark ai please

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:07
could you guys simply make an command that in an simple way turns an entity around another entity instead of strafing it around?
and an simple way and fast way to remove static obstacles as iam using trees that tanks can run down and the current command is yust slow?
its sad as i bought dark ai to simply fi my rts code but as it seams right now so will i have to stick to ians path finding.
but it could also be that iam an crappy coder
and yust dont understand the amazing about dark ai?
dark ai seams to be aimed at fps and third person shooter games?
cheers
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 23:59
Quote: "dark ai seams to be aimed at fps and third person shooter games?"

My AI Competition entry was track-based, and had no FPS or shooter elements. It will also show you how to remove obstacles by changing the waypoint weightings. Read the FAQ in the thread,and you'll see how it's done.

Railrider

And if you need help on the memblock commands, here's a tutorial that showed how to make hills less favourable to walk up.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_43.html#8

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 10:34
a pretty clever thing you made with the cost of the path to move on.
but i also have another question is there an clever way to make the object turn around each other like tanks.
and some still straffing as iam an really newbie to dark ai.
with ians path finding is everything controlled with an simple array so its really fast.
cheers
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 14:27
Philip posted a load of stuff about avoidance logic. There's load of cool stuff in the thread, including an Obstacle Avoidance routine

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 23:50 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 23:53
i have actually already written an simple one that works with ians pathfinding and also some tweaks to get ians one smoother.
its an simple object that i give two limbs that i position a bit in front and on each side.
and as soon units collide so do i position the dummy object at the position of the one that moves fastest and give it the same orientation as that object and the calculates wich limb is on the largest distance of the opposing units centre.
to decide if the unit should move to the left or right to use the shoortest route around.
dont think this makes much sense but its my current version for the soldiers.
as it seams right now will i not nead dark ai for my rts but it will be usefull for another project later on maybe.
cheers

almost forgot i use an vector based distance calculation to check if units collide that gets right distance by adding and dividing the units that the soldier collide with its x and z size.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:48:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:48:57