Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Predetermined Randomness

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on a project where I have cubes that roll around randomly like dice. However, I want to be able to force which side they land on, and of couse still have it look random and natural. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 06:30
Try offsetting the center of the mass, that should make the side it lands on very predictable.

Hallowed are the ori.
nastyned
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the help dark coder. clever solution. my only concern is if offsetting the mass would ALWAYS produce the desired result, or just bias it towards the result. the game generates a random number and displays it using the cube's sides, so the right number would always have to show.

if offsetting the mass wouldnt work - i was wondering if maybe the EZRotate plugin would have functionality that could accomplish it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:28:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:28:00