Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / something fun and trippy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2002 07:45
if you take a glass bottle (1 you can see through) and put about 30 lit matches 1 at a time you can watch the smoke. if you cover it the smoke starts to settle and you get a cool pattern on your glass. very trippy.
Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
qin shi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2002 13:48
I am really curious how you will connect *this* to DBPro.
(And YOU called my first post off-topic.)

btw: what on earth made you putting "30 lit matches 1 at a time" into a bottle?

Admit it, you just wanted to try out the New Topic button.

ROTFL

Chris
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2002 06:09
Oops. I meant to put this into the general discussion board. Well, I guess I was too "preoccupied” to figure out what board I was in.

qin shi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2002 12:08
np
Then I suggest - delete this thread and repost your initial message. I don't mind. (And I know you can do that ).
Kind regards
Chris
las6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2002 16:21
actually, there's else you can do with bottles and some other equipment.

hmm... you need ... uhm... somekind of liquid bathroom cleaner (pour couple of cm's to the bottom of the bottle) and some ...*opens the dictionary*
...naah.. didn't help.
You need to put a little pieces of that thing we call "folio" around here. It's the metallic kind of thing you can use to cover food. Or you can wrap a fish inside it and heat it. The thing keeps the heat inside.
Now, when these two matters mix, they generate somekind of pressure inside the bottle. (remember to close the bottle!)

Anyway, with that mix, you have an exploding bottle in you hands... Be carefull tough, it's rather effective. Slow but powerfull.

Specs :: [1333Mhz : 256DDR : Geforce 2 Mx 64MB]
krunchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2002 22:26
Here's one better....

Take a large THICK glass ash tray and build a (small and controllable!) fire in it. I recommend using lots of matchbooks and whatever else you can find. Just keep piling the stuff in there.

We had a pretty good little "campfire" going one time. We were sitting there watching it when **CRACK** the ashtray overheated and just split in two! Each half shot about 2 feet away from each other while the fire remained in place and just sat there burning on the bar.

Well, on second thought, maybe you shouldn't be doing this.....
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2002 07:11
krunche, my ashtrays must be made out of something other than normal glass. damn thing wouldnt break.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:07:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:07:10