Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / any info on next update for dps??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 01:33
ive pretty much restarted my project because i want to add physics into it.& my project is pretty much at a standstill until i can get an example on moving a character controller around while bumping into things.can we have an example on doing this soon??also i would need an example on jumping too.

??
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 10:29
You can use the collision feedback commands to determine what the character controller has hit. From here you can then apply force to any objects. As far as jumping goes look into the displacement commands. What you want to do should be entirely possible with the current version of Dark Physics.

As far as the next update goes - we are currently working with Ageia to evaluate the performance of Dark Physics. This may lead to improved performance in all areas. There are also many new features available to us that can be implemented. One of the most useful features is the ability to use a hardware scene manager. This makes the process of working with the PPU much easier. There's also many other things available that can help us improve existing commands.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 16:13
ok thanks Mike! ill try to use those commands,just hope i can get it looking realistic.also look forward to those new features.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 18:48
hey,Mike.can we please have a small example for a ragdoll character moving around as a character controller & bumping things around??

this would make coding my game so much easier to see a small example!!thanks!
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2006 00:24
Pleeeeeassssse add make cloth from object

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 01:09 Edited at: 7th Oct 2006 01:10
seemings everyone is airing out there wish list how about a return value for whether or not joints are broken

...or have them deleted when they break so we could just use the if joint exists command

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:42:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:42:02