Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DP: Wich application for creating Vehicle on correct method? any Z-Modeller support?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2006 00:08
Yes, I have the other thread, since no one is answer, so I let it died.

After servial attempt to get it to working, it seen Dark Physics need to creating these Vehicle on the proper method (even with dark basic objects with libs, it diddent event work, wich I saw in a other thread, that is not mine).

1. But wich editor is the best one to creating the vehicle and libs on (the main problem), so they actuelly works and play in DP (like the examples)?

2. Could I create the vehicle in Deled (my proper editor), export it, and then import to a other model editor to add these important libs? So wich (cheap) application is great to add these libs?

3. It look like Z-Modeller (a car model editor) is the most correct application to creating these vechicle, but it dosen´t support DP vehicle (dbo or even X). It Would been a very must to create a export plugin for that.

hope I got some answer for the above questions, since they have not to due with the code it self.

http://www.PlayITgame.org
DTsine
Years of Service
User Offline
You can create the obects seperate load them and use the limb commands in DB to make them work together.

There is a post onhere shows you how to do it and I have posted some things about doing that way too.

Rich
Space Fractal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 01:02
Have allready tried that, but I gave up.

I got the limb commands to work, but it have many issues on it (as you would see of my other trhead about it).

It have the same problem with a other user (posted in august month) have: It simply reverse the whole control and is unusable (even the body was rotated 90 degree). You have even not a control, wich way the whell should rotate, and the body it self.

Because of this, I think the most correct is creating a model, like the way, you can see on the buggy example. But wich one is easy to create these links?

It is a example, that actuelly works correctly?

DTsine
Years of Service
User Offline
I am sorry to say that no matter what method you use you will have problems and you will need to rotate sections of the model to get it to work and then you will find other adjustments that you need to make.

At the moment it isnt that simple, for now you will have to work around it like everyone else or wait for more updates.

Rich
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 14:57 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 15:01
@spacefractal-i created a simple example using milkshape that if you follow the directions exactly you will have a working vehicle.

I tried to comment the code as best as i can...but read the thread post for setting it up in milk shape first. You will have to learn how to create and bone objects in milkshape first.

each time i created a vehicle it worked without any major code changes. If something needs further explanation ask on that thread and i will edit that or the code snippet.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=91473&b=30

good luck.

Space Fractal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 22:18 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 22:20
Thanks bosskeith and DTsine for comments .

To bosskeith: Why not to upload your test model. It easyier to see, how it works, when you have it in Milk Shape. Even it that car, you see in the picture (I can´t ask for more).

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
space fractal i added the model to other thread. in case you did not check back over there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:01:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:01:59