Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / possible to move static rigid box??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 04:08
ive been testing trying to get my static rigid ground to move in a direction while a dynamic box is effected by the physics.

but i cant get it to move.
i know its called a 'static',but is there anyway to move it?
or should i try something else like making a rigid dynamic box & moving it while my other box stays on top of it??

i guess there must be a way to keep it at a certain y level??
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
I wold make a static box to act as "sub-ground" and simply add the upper dynamic ground rest on top

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 08:52
Your best solution is to make the ground as dynamic and setting it as a kinematic object. This will let you move the ground using phy set rigid body position without it being affected by physics.

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 12:08
Static boxes are static for a reason It's not just about it being stationary in your scene, it's also optimised behind the scenes because it's guaranteed never to move.

Kendor is thinking along the right lines in my opinion, use a Kinematic object. But bear in in mind it's more intensive to process, so for a complex landscape it may not be appropriate.

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 17:43
ok thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:41:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:41:28