Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Phy clear does not remove joints?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 17:10
Using the trial version of dark physics for the software compo, I stepped into this problem. When I called phy clear it deleted everything in the physics world except joints.

See Code:

In the code above, DP will give a Failed to set up fixed joint as ID is already in use error upon pressing enter to reset the world. If on the other hand, the joint is manually deleted, everything seems to work correctly.

Is this a normal behaviour or maybe its just the trial causing this problem?

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 18:55
I have the full version of DP, and had the same problem. Seems strange, but despite all objects being cleared, the joints still exist. The fix? I just deleted all the joints manually before calling a "phy clear" command.

Not the cleanest fix, but it worked fine for me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:29:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:29:48