Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBP ODE physics update 5.9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 00:30
Does anyone actually know how to use the ODE physics commands in the 5.9 upgrade. Or is there a list of commands to use, because I'm stuck for restarting a level/making a new level, that both contain ODE physics commands. The objects will behave normally as expected in the first ODE case and then when the level is restarted, some of the objects cant be moved, some become extra specially bouncey and others don't register their collisions with other objects.

Do you require my source to see what I am doing wrong? (This won't work in 6.2, I've tried it.)

Use the arrowkeys to move the sphere around, the original idea was to push the exceedinly heavy box into the gap between the 2 platforms and walk across it to get to the end of the level. (The cone at the far right.) If you fall off you can use the boost sphere (The sphere at the far left.) to get back up.
Space to do a sort of laim jump that I can't program propperly.

Please say someone out there still uses 5.9 ODE commands and knows what to do.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 01:37
Maybe this could help: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=87847&b=18

There was also a newsletter tutorial on it someplece...

Tutorials:
Array
Functions
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 02:23
Id love to say that helped but sorry, the site in that thread is sorta, dead.
nothing works and i dont really know where i'm meant to be looking or for what if you've already been shown the list of ODE commands could you find them and put them here or give me a link to them.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 02:42
Here's the ZIP file from the site. It should have everything.

Tutorials:
Array
Functions

Attachments

Login to view attachments
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 11:57
Thanks ill have a look l8r

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:57:35