Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Collision detection with .3ds rooms.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to use collision destection correctly for a 3d studio "room". All models have a box type collision attribute ( by default ) surrounding the whole model, I want to detect the actual walls/objects in my little 3d room.
Any thoughts?

me@jonathansantos.com
TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
Use polygon collision, but I don't know if it works (or if it works WELL rather) I'm trying to do the same thing, so roll on answers.

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
inventz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks T - Can you point me to a code example illustrating .3ds poly collisions??? Is it me or does the db help file su#$ ?

TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not you Kensup has posted a "Walking on .X" code in the code snippets forum. It should be relatively close to the top of the board, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for .3ds seeing as how it uses the intersect object command. That's what I'm using for my floors, and i'm trying to adapt it to work for walls also. Hope this helps a little.

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
inventz
Years of Service
User Offline
Your input helps quite abit, thanks. I played with the 'walking on a .X' tutorial last weekend but found that square edged walls didnt stop the colliding object. Rather the moving ( sphere in this case ) just jumped up to walls edged.

What I would like to acomplish is a the equilv. of a marble rolling around in a square box - boucing correclty off the walls etc. HOW!???
me@jonathansantos.com

SonicBoom
Years of Service
User Offline
Poly collision detection for 3ds: http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=13720
inventz
Years of Service
User Offline
The http://www.realgametools.net stuff is pretty slick
- I guess I'm looking for a simple example of a room, the former is geared for race-track complexity. The problem is, is that if you hit a square wall you pop right to the top.

Ya have a 3ds room with a few walls - how can you nav/collision detect within it??

Thanks for all your support out there!
J

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 04:54:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 04:54:56