Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Movement of dynamic objects using character controller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 21:36 Edited at: 31st Oct 2006 21:37
I found coggers usefull code, for moveing dynamic objects, but i notiaced that objects would not move for some reason sometimes, and the boxes reacted unrealisticly. So it suddenly sprang to my mind that none of the mathematical stuff is needed (Applying forces to colliding objects etc). Instead, I have used the kinematic objects to the advantage. I create a kenematic object which is slightly bigger than the character controller and update its position to be the same as the character contorller. Here is the code (It is an edited version of coggers code, no Pusher function)

The main advantage of doing it this way, is that anything in DP will react with it (Ragdolls, Cloth, Dynamic particles etc)

Hope this is usefull

General Reed

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB ram, Geforce 6600 GTX, 80GB HDD
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:42:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:42:24