Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / "AI Entity Go To Position" and "AI SET RADIUS"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
"AI SET RADIUS" This command sets the global radius that will be used by all entities.

My problem is that I can not set the different RADIUS for different entities,and when the RADIUS is big ,"AI Entity Go To Position" will seems strange sometimes.
(Eg. when a character is running forward ,click the a opposite point ,the character will goto this point (Using AI Entity Go To Position),but the character might not go to straight to that point ,this seems very strange and puzzled me.)

Sorry for my poor english.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 18:38
You shouldn't need to set a different radius for all entities. This is how close the entities (or characters) will get to the corners of the obstacles. So if your character was 10 units wide, you would set the AI radius to 5 so that he doesn't "disappear" into the walls.

Lion Jin
Years of Service
User Offline
My means is that ,More big radius ,seems I got more "inaccurate" path to move ,I attached a screen-shot in my first post ,you can click to view,thanks.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 07:45
1 post will suffice next time, your post approval status will eventually be free of moderation.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 08:58
That is probably the AI turn speed, he will walk and turn at the same time, making an arc movement.

Lion Jin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help.

I set " AI SET ENTITY TURN SPEED" the same as "AI SET ENTITY SPEED",it seems a little better?(in fact ,I want the turn speed very fast) ,but still I have the problems ,I linked the camera to the player ,I felt the camera is shaking when the player turn to another position sometimes.

If I set the radius to 0.1 ,this is a very small value,the problems I said before will not happen,but AI entities will go through each other(no avoidance).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:14:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:14:50