Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, someone told me that what someone posted a while ago about ageia not charging to make computer games using their Dark Physics lied. I want to know the facts before I try to sell a game and have Ageia come over to my house asking for 50,000 dollars or something like that. (I'm not saying who it is as i promised not to say anything)

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 07:21
It used to be that you had to make the hardware side of your game run bettter, thus encouraging people to buy there card, as the fate og ageia stands on weather or not there card sells, however as of now games are free to make no matter what, but you may have to wait for the next update, as the eula shipped with the previous version is outdated.

Hallowed are the ori.
Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, ok. Hope the update comes soon. you know I had an a question, you think TGC would make a plug in to load Blink video files? Cause using mpegs means that people could use your videos outside of the game if they wanted to. they could use Blinks too if they knew how.......Just ignore this post.

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 09:28
Search is your friend. There are at least 5 posts on this topic in the last couple of months, and at this moment in time one of them is 2 below yours, and started by Mike Johnson of TGC

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 11:17
You could always check the devsupport.ageia.com website, as it has the full license available to veiw in the public area.

People are only charged for Xbox 360 development using the PhysX SDK, this is possible to get waivered if you have a PC version that can use the PPU.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 512MB DDR2 667MHz, ATi Radeon X1900 XT 256MB PCI-E, Windows Vista Business / XP Professional SP2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:21:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:21:15