Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / New Fall of the Fireflies Trailer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 03:48 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2006 03:51
Hey.
I realise I haven't been around the forums much recently. I kind of realised I spent more time on the forum than I did game making, and really decided to put a bit of distance and focus on the level design for a bit. The community has gotten huge recently (probably bigger again over the christmas period), and I guess it feels a bit less personal at the mo.

Anyway rant over, this video features alot of new stuff. it has footage from the second monastary section, the temple section, and most of the old depot. If you haven't seen the media before then theres a 99% chance I made it. Please bear in mind that this trailer does not reflect the quality of the final product. Alot of these levels are "bare bones", you'll probably notice some glitches in wall corners, and light sources where there are no lights, and there are some rooms that need much better furnishing and so on, but I just wanted people to know that I'm still here, and working away!
Please leave comments and feedback.

The video is available from
www.peanutbutterfingers.co.uk

either go to the video media section of the fall of the fireflies page, or click the link from the main page.

or click here

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 03:52 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2006 03:53
Screenshot please

Thank you

Glad to see you still developing FotF

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 03:57
obligatory screenie

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 04:06
Cheers, you understand I know - thanks.

Keep up the great work.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 04:15
I never really was a fan of this game, but wow does it look awesome now great job lots of effort went into this game, and i envy you for it

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome trailer and fantastic looking levels! Very slick with the music and logo treatments too. Gotta say I'm a little suprised to see model pack five stuff in your game but those bandaged-up hands add to the feel a bit.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 05:18
sweetness!!!

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 11:56
ROFL!!!
why did you put the ..er...Mind Rapist in there???

nice custom stuff Butters. I really like the effort you are putting in this game.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
you're quite right BF... too much time wasted on the forums = no game...

--Mike
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 22:17
109 views.
9 posts.

thanks.

Bloodeath
Quote: "I never really was a fan of this game, but wow does it look awesome now"

LOL, well I'm glad I finally persuaded you bro!

Errant.
Quote: "Very slick with the music and logo treatments too. Gotta say I'm a little suprised to see model pack five stuff in your game"

Thanks man. The logos are my own work.. I'm pretty proud of the new Peanutbutterfingers logo.... and yeah I know it's a cop out to put Jons guns in my game, but I have to move with the times, and I want FOTF to look the best it can, and I guess that means realising that my guns aren't great! Can't wait for your pack though, as a pointer please don't use long detailed re-load anims like jon. If you get a slightly laggy bit it takes like 20 minutes to reload.

Filya/SilentThunder.

Thanks guys. With this few posts I appreciate all the support! FOTF is becoming a bit of a labour of love, but I really want to make something groundbreaking in FPSC. and when it comes to the AI, the semi-geo-mod and the scripted events I think I'm pushing the bar..

I'm posting the video here because it looks like no-one is going to watch it otherwise.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 22:33
Nice trailer.
I know I have said this before but FOTF is shaping up to be one of the best FPSC games out there.
And,for the record,I like your weapons.

Inverted
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 23:28
Looks really good,
Which level are you gonna enter into the nVidia contest?

Opposites are different, not wrong
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 05:42
Excellent work, stylishly presented

- Graham

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 06:11
Looks good, though I liked your old weapons. I would suggest using the old weapons, and the sounds from Model Pack 5. Sure, they aren't 'good' (according to most people at least - not me) but they're something more than the stock stuff

Inverted
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 22:59
O.o i just read your story line, ours are SUPER similar
Take a stop at my thread (nuclear heist) and read the story line.
Anyways, keep it up, i love your effects and entites.

-inverted

Opposites are different, not wrong
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 23:09 Edited at: 24th Nov 2006 23:10
This continues to be excellent. I am just now in the planning phase (paper state) of my first game and I can only hope it is as good as yours.

To me, this will be the flagship for FPSC games. I don't mean to put any more pressure on, but this is how FPSC will be judged when people ask if any real games have been made with it. I think you are doing us proud and wish you continued success.

Best.

BTW: I hope you find time to take up Umbra again at some point. It's just to cool to let go.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 23:30
Quote: "To me, this will be the flagship for FPSC games. I don't mean to put any more pressure on, but this is how FPSC will be judged when people ask if any real games have been made with it. I think you are doing us proud and wish you continued success."

Absolutely.
There are very few top notch FPSC games out there being made.
There will be a few more eventually.
And I know because I am making my own game that developing a really good game takes time.
Like xplosys,I think that this is going to be the yardstick to measure the greatness of an FPSC game and I think it has the potential to be the best of the best.
Keep up the good work.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 07:37
This is looking really good, and the moving clouds is a nice touch.
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 16:54
All hail butter fingers patron saint of fps creator

The world is complicated only people are simple
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 02:55
Just downloaded this... fantastic stuff... I think I'll go and download the demo now! This looks awesome...

Whenever I try and use fraps it just kills my framerate to non-playable...

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 02:44
Quote: "To me, this will be the flagship for FPSC games. I don't mean to put any more pressure on, but this is how FPSC will be judged when people ask if any real games have been made with it. I think you are doing us proud and wish you continued success."

Quote: "Like xplosys,I think that this is going to be the yardstick to measure the greatness of an FPSC game and I think it has the potential to be the best of the best."

Quote: "All hail butter fingers patron saint of fps creator"

I read those and had to pop like 20 valiums just to calm down enough to get back to the computer. Jeez guys, that's alotta pressure to be putting on there, I kind of fear I'm gonna be like Matrix3, where everyones so excited to see it and then they hate it because they thought it would be so much more...!

Fear not though, I'm gonna freaking kill it...

Quote: "O.o i just read your story line, ours are SUPER similar
Take a stop at my thread (nuclear heist) and read the story line."

Haha, yeah, and I started mine like 5 months before you, so I'm like totally fine with it!

Airlslide:
Quote: "though I liked your old weapons."

And my weapons are back in!! FLetcher I love you man, but I'm gonna keep this original, your'smight look better but it's all about gameplay, and I've thought my weapons system out. So the originals are back in!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 01:36
YES! The cool weapons! The great thing about your orignal weapons is that they can have a semi-scifi feel and such, so you can have about anything you want.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Butters you project is looking good as always and thinking out of the box is what its all about.

I agree that u should keep your own guns in the game to make it more you own.

Keep up the good work

Im a wizz at texturing toilets

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:14:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:14:46