Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / How Do I Get My Prize?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 12:19
Its already 6 days past the beginning of the month, the competition ended the 15 of november. I havent been contacted, as to how to collect my prize. I put my author.txt file with my entry. I've e-mailed tgc. Still no response. I'm starting to get worried that I am going to miss my opportunity to collect a prize.

With that being said, can someone direct me in the proper direction here.

@first and second place. Have you been contacted yet, and if not are you also starting to get worried. I am fairly sure that I read somewhere that we have 7 days. Today is day 6. If you have been contacted then can you point me in the right direction please. I have never won anything before, so I'm really not sure what to do here.

Also if tgc are reading this then I want the single graphics card.

my contact info that I supplied is dwext10070@tc3net.com

A alternative e-mail address is. dwestfall10070@yahoo.com

Can someone please respond to this.

Thank you...
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 13:51
All prize winner details have been sent to Ageia. We received word from them yesterday that they are now processing all of the prizes (software and hardware ones) and will start shipping them shortly.

Heavy on the Magick
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 14:28
Quote: "Its already 6 days past the beginning of the month"

Patience, you need patience! At least you weren't in the software compo, which ended in October

That said, I e-mailed Rich 3 times in the last month, so...

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 16:07
I figured it would take them at least this long to get the ball rolling, so I'm not sweating it. I hope to be able to use my TGC voucher this month, I'm finally going to buy Gamespace.

Come see the WIP!
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 21:27
Ok my bad. I just didnt want to miss out. I hope to also be able to use the voucher as I want to be the polygon reduction tool, and treemagik.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 22:06
Quote: " I hope to be able to use my TGC voucher this month, I'm finally going to buy Gamespace."

Winning voucher, 30% discount + Treemagik free - sweet!

VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 20:27
Hey David W,

Well done on winning the contests!
I don't blame you for trying to get the ball rolling on your prizes =) I should have done the same thing way back when I won basically the first ever 3D programming contest similar to this (VoodooExtreme's 3D dev contest back in 1998 I think - my TidalForces screensaver which I wrote in the three days just before the end of the contest won first prize woo hoo =). I was supposed to get an SLI 3Dfx voodoo card rig (yes they had SLI back then right after 3D hardware accelerators came into existence!) and the people running the contest dropped the ball and never ended up sending it to me dangit hehheh. I think actually they left it to the company (Metabyte I think it was) who offered/sponsored the prize to send it to me and I think they went under right when the contest ended. I did however win a subscription to GameDev magazine, Voodoo Magazine (which showcased my site and programs), some other junk, and I got a ton of free publicity from it which made it all worth it, and pretty much because of that contest, the magazine writeups and that program, my little screensaver business did really, really well for a long time, well enough to quit doing 3D consulting for other companies for many years. My site still exists, but I haven't released anything much new in a long time (shame on me!) but plan on firing it back up this coming year with a bunch of games and screensavers I've been developing with the fine TGC products.

I'm sure though that you have nothing to worry about with TGC, they'll hook you up.

Once again, congrats to you and all the other winners! I really need to enter one again someday.

Best regards, and much success to you in this coming new year,
-=VRMan=-

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 20:09
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD: WHAT IS GOING ON?

Ok, its been quite some time and I still havent heard a peep from
ageia or tgc. So I really do think that I am getting jipped here.

Has anyone from either the hardware/software categories been contacted or received any prizes to-date?

Please someone respond to this with a real anwser.

As always: Thank you.
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
David W
I was given my software prize (for my pool table) but that was merely one of the tanks for entering awards from TGC.

Codger

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 07:23
@david w -
If you contact TGC, they'll give you your TGC software prize. I used Customer Support, and it worked fairly quickly.

As for the hardware, I'm not sure what is going on.

Come see the WIP!
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 18:24 Edited at: 4th Jan 2007 18:25
No news even here for the hardware. As Codger and Cash pointed out, software prizes were cleared once requested.

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 07:04
If it makes you feel any better I only recently(2-3months back) received my gamespace from the puzzle compo >_>, no news about my FPSC copy though, but that was mainly my fault as I failed to see the e-mail rich after the compo smallprint, and my version of after ended up being a year and thus the new 7 days reply rule was added .

And to answer the question no I haven't received any contact from TGC or Ageia, and after checking the Ageia site it seems that haven't added news about the compo ending, or adding the games on there for 60 days.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 12:20
I keep e-mailing them for some sort of contact or word or anything. even a plain just "shut up" would at least let me know they are working on it. oh well....
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 13:25
Who do you keep emailing David? I know it's not me because I've not had a single email from you, but then I didn't expect one either. Which address are you sending it to? because it needs to go to Rick.

Heavy on the Magick
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 16:55
Quote: "even a plain just "shut up" would at least let me know they are working on it. oh well.... "

I doubt that

Come see the WIP!
Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2007 03:09
Yeah, I have been periodically checking the Ageia website, and there hasn't been a peep about the contest, or the 60 days... nor have I received my "goodie pack". As for my software voucher, I'm just waiting on that, I'll probably spend it on the DarkShader tool.

But I'm really starting to wonder about Ageia...

My Nvidia Compo Entry - Villain:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94427&b=32
Neptune
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 15:52
I have not heard from Ageia either!!
Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 22:13
Ok, I just got an email from AGEIA. My prize should be on the way, sweet! But I'm more interested in my game being on their website... Anyway, things are looking up

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 01:25
We're supposed to sign some notarized paperwork establishing our eligibility first, and my understanding was that it was from TGC. What's going on?

Come see the WIP!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 13:18
Just to let you all know that we (finally!) received word from Ageia and BFG the other day, and they are in the process of shipping all hardware and packs to all winners (s/w and h/w compo).

I know the delay was highly frustrating (and believe me I wish it hadn't happened), but on the bright side it has caused the h/w compo winners prizes to be upgraded:

1st Place
Originaly: BFG GeForce 7950 GX2
Upgrades to: BFG GeForce 8800 GTS

2nd Place
Originaly: 2 BFG GeForce 7900GT
Upgrades to: 2- BFG GeForce 7950 GT's (SLI)

3rd Place
Originaly: BFG GeForce 7900 GT
Upgrades to: BFG GeForce 7950 GT

So at least on the plus side, you'll get much better cards now. I don't know about the paperwork, it wasn't a clause that TGC put into the rules, it came from Ageia, so if they want you to sign anything then they'll send it to you - not us.

Cheers,

Rich

Heavy on the Magick
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 13:59
Sweet!, atlest you didn't forget us .

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 14:55 Edited at: 24th Jan 2007 14:58
Quote: "but on the bright side it has caused the h/w compo winners prizes to be upgraded"

No upgrade for the software compo . Considering we had to wait for an extra month, our prizes should have a bigger upgrade. I'd settle for an extra GF7600 card .

Joking aside, its a good thing they remembered us .

PhysX Gal
Years of Service
User Offline
All,

We want to congratulate winners of the recent Dark Physics Game Creators contest. We were highly impressed with the amazing PhysX implementations and the incredible gaming experiences your projects brought to life. We’re in the process of putting together prize packages and they will be going out to you very shortly. We apologize for the delay; with the AGEIA PhysX growing acceptance, and the new hardware that was going to be available we wanted to offer you not only the best of AGEIA technology but also include new game titles in the price package so we opted to hold until now. Below is the list of prize packages as they stand now. Enjoy your rewards, you all deserve them. We’re looking forward to seeing where your creativity and ingenuity takes you in our next contest.

The Software Winner prize packages include:

• 1st prize - 1 x AGEIA PhysX card from BFG, $50 TGC software voucher, Game - Stoked Rider and a Super Goodie Pack

• 2nd prize - 1 x AGEIA PhysX card from BFG, $30 TGC software voucher, Game - Stoked Rider and a Goodie Pack
• 3rd prize - $30 TGC software voucher, Game - Stoked Rider and a Goodie Pack

• 4th prize - Game - Stoked Rider and a Goodie Pack

The Hardware Winner prize packages include:

1st Place:
Originaly: BFG GeForce 7950 GX2
Upgraded to: BFG GeForce 8800 GTS
• $1000 American Express gift card (from AGEIA)
• $200 TGC software (from The Game Creators)
• Super Goodie Pack (T-shirts, balls, lighted pins, mouse pad from AGEIA)
• Game - Stoked Rider

2nd Place:
Originaly: 2 BFG GeForce 7900GT
Upgraded to: 2- BFG GeForce 7950 GT’s (SLI)
• $100 TGC software (from the Game Creators)
• Super Goodie Pack (T-shirts, balls, lighted pins, mouse pad)
• Game - Stoked Rider

3rd Place:
Originaly: BFG GeForce 7900 GT
Upgraded to: BFG GeForce 7950 GT
• $50 TGC software (from the Game Creators)
• Super Goodie Pack (T-shirts, balls, lighted pins, mouse pad)
• Game - Stoked Rider

Cheers,
Marti

PhysX Gal
Neptune
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 19:53
Marti,

Thanks for the wonderful comments and of course the wonderful prizes. Look forward to the next contest.

Cheers
Stephen
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 06:45
Whoa Whoa Whoa, Gift card?

I just looked on the American Express site and I see a few things like,
Quote: "Accepted at Over a Million Places
Gift Cards can be used virtually everywhere in the U.S. that welcomes American Express Cards."
List of 'American' Resellers here, http://www143.americanexpress.com/tcintl/feefreelocator/request?request_type=SellerLocation&product=G

And then the small print,
Quote: "Some restrictions on merchant acceptance will apply to the Gift Card. The Gift Card is for use within the United States only"

Care to shed light on this? as 1) I do NOT live in the US of A, 2) The prize list on the TGC site said CASH IE: Bank transfer.

Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 03:27
Hey, thanks! I enjoyed the contest a lot, and look forward to any future ones too... my only regret is that I wasn't bold enough to enter the hardware contest

Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 23:52
Ok, I know the goodie pack came with a stress ball and a blinking pin...

I guess I wasn't expecting 5 stress balls and 5 blinking pins!

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 02:53
I got my prize today from ageia. I only need to get tgc to give me the software voucher now.

Thanks.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 07:58
I just got my prize, I only got 3 streeballs and pins though , though I need to make an american bank account just to cash the cheque, but everything got here , and the mousemat is pretty cool, beats using my deak atlest.

Neptune
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 11:08
Got my prize too

David w: You can just email them and ask what software you want.
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 17:21
@Neptune thank you I will do that

BTW. I got 4 stress balls and 3 blinking pins.

Ageia must think that game programming is very stressful work. LOL.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 14:22
My stuff finally came in. My GeForce 8800 GTS looks perfectly wicked.

Come see the WIP!
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 18:09
Mine came yesterday 3 stress balls and 2 flashing pins.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:18:41