Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Smearing problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 01:47
Has anyone come across this problem before? I am trying to spin a cube that has been ghosted and given a texture but it just smears and looks a mess. You can see a shot of it here http://scarab.no-ip.com/spin.jpg

I have tried everything I can think of deleting objects, images, sprites, bitmaps etc but all to no avail. If I run the routine once it is fine but if I go off to another part of the program and come back it looks like this. What did I forget to turn on (or off)?

Sorry for the cross post but I really need to get this program cracked.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 01:51
It's just looks like you are not clearing the display between frames.

Put a 'cls' just after your 'sync', or put 'backdrop on' to get DB to do it for you.
Choronzon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 02:11
YESSS!!! backdrop on was the one. CLS just deleted the frame.
Thank you thank you thank you

Funny thing is if you break to the CLI when you are doing that and do a CLS the object clears itself momentarily and then gets brighter and brighter. My wife liked that effect too but then what does she know she's a girl hehehe (only kidding)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 21:28:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 21:28:14