Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Sound Recorder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how can i do it so that i can record sounds made in the computer as well as in the mike and save them as a midi file in dbpro . Is it possible. Please help!
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 12:42
That is impossible, the main reason being that midi has nothing at all to do with recorded sound. Midi is a data protocol which can be used to trigger sampled sounds in a wavetable on your soundcard, but it sounds like you want to record continuous .wav audio and play it back. Look up the 'record sound' command though, 'cos if you have something like a soundblaster live soundcard you can use the 'what you hear' setting as your source to record mic input and playback simultaneously.

If on the other hand you want to make midi files you need to find yourself a midi sequencing program, do a google search to find a demo version of one.

In the off topic forum in the thread called ".mid vs .wav" there is a more thorough explanation of the difference between midi files and wave files, on the first page about halfway down I practically wrote an essay on it

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possble to save the recorded sound to a .wav file?

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
RECORD SOUND this function only records sound from microphone or any sound/music played in the computer too?

KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
It may be possible to get wavs to midi. I've seen it done, very badly though. You have to analyse the base wave form, calculate it's frequency etc... then choose the closest note and then put it in a midi score. DB/Pro can't do this though.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 12:34
DBPM read my above post, I already answered these new questions. Consider changing your handle too btw

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 18:28
not being a bugger, but just to remind u of this board DBPM.
Next time pls read the rules for this Code Snippet board first.
Its for Code Snippets, not questions.

I think this should be posted (next time) in the DarkBasicPro board.

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:30:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:30:05