Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Power Mad released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 17:15 Edited at: 28th Apr 2003 17:24
Hi,

I've completed work on my first DB game "Power Mad" and it's finally being released. I don't think I've ever mentioned it on these boards before so here it goes:

"In the tradition of classic strategy games like Nuclear War and board games like Risk comes POWER MAD an easy to learn yet tough to master game right out of todays headlines!

Choose your opponents from 10 world leaders and have an all out battle for power supremecy in this turn based strategy game! But this is no grim view of the world at war - Power Mad has a great sense of humor! This game is about fun and is a perfect stress reliever!"

That's the marketing bit anyways. If you've ever played "Nuclear War" for the Amiga then you know where this game is coming from. There are major strategy and gameplay differences though, so it's not just a straight update / port and I also managed to improve some AI shortcomings I found with the classic.

The game is *not* meant as any sort of political statement (other than maybe the absurdity of it all) and every leader in the game receives the same level of disrespect I developed the game mainly for anyone who, like me, feels like they're being CNN-ed to death on a daily basis. It's a stress reliever.

Screenshots and more information can be found on my website:

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com/powermad.htm

Info and the demo can be found at the Game Thoughts site:

http://www.gamethoughts.com/powermad/index.asp

The demo is limited to only 12 rounds of play. I know that some people find the limit frustrating and we wracked our brains to come up with a way to reasonably give the user a taste of gameplay while maintaining an incentive to invest in the full version. In the end a time-based limit was the best we could do. Any thoughts?

"Life drives you nuts babe. Cuz if you ain't certain. It'll kick you in the guts, babe. And leave ya hurtin'" - Motorhead
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 17:33
The screenshots look marvellous, 'Inspect THIS!' hehe I can't wait to try it out later.

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 19:19
It's quite fun, but lacks enough depth for me to want to register. All the best of luck with it though

Pneumatic Dryll
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 20:49
how cool does that game look! i'll try it out soon but judging from the screen i can't wait

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 20:59
Thanks for the comments!

It's a pretty simple game and maybe not for everybody but as long as you found it reasonably amusing then I will call it a success

"Life drives you nuts babe. Cuz if you ain't certain. It'll kick you in the guts, babe. And leave ya hurtin'" - Motorhead
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 22:18
hehee... reminds me of Risk - i'll download a little later see what its like

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks like the old amiga game Nuclear War which is a remake of the board game of the same name... I loved that game! I'll check it out.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 01:15
fun fun fun

(Current)-making plans for a game-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-All other projects cancelled for now-
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 04:37
Nice from the looks of it, I'll download it when I have time
I noticed your based in Toronto, or at least worked there at one point Finally found someone who lives not only IN CANADA, but in Ontario too YAY!!!

Good luck with the game, I LOVE the little cartoon guys

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 02:07
Thanks for the comments!

Rapscallion, I'm in London at the moment but probably moving back to Toronto in the fall.

sorcre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 21:39
link dosen't work

think of your plans as a man of action and act out your plans as a man if thought.........

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:48:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:48:08