Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, i have come accross a bug, whereby the following happens.
In the demo program for resititution, when the "phy build material" command is remmed out, the following error is returned:Supplied NxActorDesc is not valid. createActor returns NULL, and that is expected.
However, in my own program, when i rem out the same command, no error is returned whatsoever. The problem is, when that command is not remmed out, no error occours, yet the properties (friction etc) do not effect the objects, with that material appled in any way. I have checkd through my code, and traced, to make sure the correct commands were being run, and it all seems fine on that front.
I hope someone can help, as this is driving me mental.

-General Reed.

Beware, Killing chavs is not a crime, but is the only way to cure the earth
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone?

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 13:28 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 13:29
If it gives no error when you rem out phy build material, it may mean that you are not applying the material to an object as otherwise it will return an error.

Maybe the reason why there is no effect on the object is because the material is not applied?

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, but i am applying the material to the object. For example, i create a material, of material number "10", then i apply it to an object by "Phy make rigid body dynamic convex ObjectNumber, 10". Is this not correct?

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 14:42 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 14:43
Yes that's the correct way.

Actually, on doing some testing, it came out that when you rem out the phy build material command, convex bodies do not return an error while all the others (box, sphere & mesh) will return an error.

This probably means that the material is not applied to the convex object even if the material is built and applied correctly.

So now I agree, there is some sort of bug when applying materials to a convex object.

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks kendor. Do you know when there will be an update for DP?

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 20:20
Sorry, even I don't know. Meanwhile I've created a bug report, with an example of the problem: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=96666&b=15

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help kendor. Now for TGC to take some action!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:20:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:20:47