Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Dawn of the Fallen Angel. WIP

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 11:17 Edited at: 8th Jan 2007 06:10
When I started this game, myself and a few friends were going to work together to make this but as time went by and things we wanted to do couldn't be achieved, they moved onto to another engine. I, however, really like this engine and decided to stick with it, despite its flaws and now I am close to releasing the first episode (my friends, however, are nowhere near finishing their new project because their 'uber cool' engine is harder to use than they thought). I have been thinking seriously about not releasing this as I have been looking at some of these showcase threads and alot of them make my game look incredibly average, but I have decided that I put alot of effort into this game and I may as well put it out there.

Due to the fact that my friends moved on there isn't that much custom content as I don't have the skills to model anything but I have tried in a few places.

The story is pretty cliched. I won't detail it too much right now (I'll save it until I'm little closer to release) but basically you are accused of a murder you didn't commit and must find a way to prove your innocence. Because you are an average guy I tried to make the game so that you don't have to kill anyone to complete the levels. You can, of course, go in all guns blazing and kill everyone in sight, but I think it takes more skill to try and move through the levels without killing people.

Here are a few screenshots and I'll add more soon:

----
Storyline:

Never having amounted to much in his life, Joseph Hollywood, has always taken pride in his work as a cleaner. His day starts off much like any other, but soon takes a turn for the worse.
Accused of murder, Joe is thrown into a world of deception and betrayal. Can Joseph prove his innocence or will he die trying.

Yeah, it's not going to win the 'Pulitzer' but it will do. Hidden within the levels are 15 things that can help prove your innocence. You don't have to find them to complete the game but they give you some more back story. I think they also add some replay value as, if you're like me, you'll want to go back and find them all.

Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 13:39
Hey that looks very good! Can't wait
masterchief 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 01:47
That looks great!!!

FPSC ROCKS!!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 06:02
I like the HUD.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 09:39
This looks pretty good Thraxas.

Inspire- I agree, that is a cool hud. If you search "HUD" or something along the lines of that, you can download like 30 something huds, and that HUD is included in it. Just thought you should no that. I forgot who made the HUDS though. but whoever he is, he's awesome.

Tiggle Bitties

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 10:07
Quote: "I agree, that is a cool hud. If you search "HUD" or something along the lines of that, you can download like 30 something huds, and that HUD is included in it. Just thought you should no that. I forgot who made the HUDS though. but whoever he is, he's awesome."

TeMpLaR1 made the hud and many others that are just as good... here's a link http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89995&b=24

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
RockStizzar
Years of Service
User Offline
i really like the lighting in the first two, but im not a big fan of the all red look, maybe thats just me. im impressed so far and cant wait til u finish.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 23:36
That's it Templar made it. I knew who it was, just couldn't think of it right then.

Game looks good so far!!!

Tiggle Bitties

Jams38
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good. Looks as good as some of the others that are coming along.

Jams38
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 05:13 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 04:06
Quote: "but im not a big fan of the all red look"

It's only all red because an alarm is going off. It's only a very small portion of the game.

---

Well after having a few problems with RC9 and not being able to work on the game, I have upgraded to RC10 and everything seems to be going smoothly. I will have some new screenshots soon (maybe tonight) and I'll write a bit more about the story.

---edit
Haven't had time to make new screenshots yet as I have been too busy kicking my brother in laws behind at Guitar Hero 2...

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 02:42
Well I'm getting down and dirty with this now and am busy changing placeholder objects and fixing up scripting errors and trying to fix some of the slowdown in certain parts of the level.

The first thing I have changed is the dead body you find I was using one of Airslide's colonel x bodies while I was in testing but I have now (through the use of his excellent tutorial) made my own and positioned it as I wanted:

I have also started reducing the size of levels, i found there was too much useless space which made for some unnecessary wandering around... I will hopefully have a few more screenshots up over this weekend and maybe even a playable version of the small first level...

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 20:24
Looking Good

p.s Is my sig working?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:44:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:44:24