Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / 2015 a new game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 03:54 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 13:41
I am in the process of making a modern day game called 2015. It takes place in the year 2015 in Iran.

Mission 1: The story is that you and your squad were on a mission to destroy a power plant. Then your squad was destroyed by an ambush so everything
messes up. Everyone but you are dead and you get to some neighborhood like area. Then there's another ambush and you run away into a lab type place. You get a message that allies are near so you find them. Then, you go home and get briefed for an infiltration mission. I hope I'm not boring you.

Mission 2: Anyway, you get in and meet up with an unpleasant guy armed with a rocket launcher. He takes an immediate disliking to you and tries to kill you. You get home and get briefed again about going into a complex with plutonium and you need to get it all.

Mission 3: Get all the plutonium.

Anyway, that's what I've started with so far. I have up to the end of mission 2. Here are a few screen shots (note: I haven't done light mapping for some of them yet)...

Don't be too harsh, we're only Do not post your age...

Thanks for looking at this...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 05:08 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 16:29
looks...bland so far no offense

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 05:15 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 05:20
not anything i would consider exceptional, but certainly not the worst looking one.

and it is only against the rules to post your age if you're a minor and last time i checked you are.

EDIT: you probably can't relate to this, but i find that i do some pretty creative work while drinking orange soda and coffee, and listening to The Hustle.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, delusions of morality"

"Once again you've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!"
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2007 06:15 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 06:15
Heres how i would make a scene like that. listen to The Great And Honorable Zaibatsu and use full lightmapping. Place light markers near entities that are supposed to give off light. Place your scenery so it looks natural, not everything has to be in a straight row. Do constant reality checks- If it wouldn't really be there, then don't let it be there.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, delusions of morality"

"Once again you've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!"

Attachments

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the screenshot and idea. I just did the lightmaps for a level. By the way the screenshot was supposed to be one of a few, here's another one.

Here's more of the story.

Instead of meeting up with the guy with the rocket launcher you get a map first. Also, how is a post-nuclear war time period sound?

[looks...bland so far no offense]

the story or image???

Attachments

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's another screenshot.

And I've got a problem. I built the game with light mapping but the people are kind of transparent. You can see the textures but you can see behind the person too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 05:27
Turn off shaders will fix your problem. And it kills the rest of our computers anyways (though, my new video board can probally handle it - gotta check that out!)

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2007 22:32 Edited at: 11th Jan 2007 22:34
Quote: "listen to The Great And Honorable Zaibatsu and use full lightmapping. "

Listen to the perhaps not as great and not as honorable Benjamin and use quick lightmapping when testing the game (or softlight maps when building the game) instead. It saves you a long time waiting for the results. When completely finished with your level, you can always switch to full lightmapping if you do prefer them.

Also instead of using one large light as you you have done, try placing a few smaller ones to see the effect of that. Often looks better then one large light only.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that but, I'm already using soft light mapping. Also, the game won't build if the fifth level is in it. The fifth level is a small boss and it doesn't use many lights. I have tried remaking twice it but it still doesn't work.

Also, just wanted to say, it works 100% fine in test mode, it doesn't build when I try to build it.

In addition, I can build it as a one level game but not with other levels???!!! The two other toimes I remade it, it had almost nothing in common with the other...

Here is the map as an fpm file.

Any help would be greatl appreciated.

Thanks...

Attachments

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 19:10
I fail to see the power plant the urban area or the lab....??

Great on using lightmapping but as Ben said use a couple of ranged lights.Some of my levels have upto 150 lights or more.And it doesn't affect frame rate at all that much at most 3 to 5 frames....depending on what else is happing...!!

Here I redone you map a little.First the area was to big but this is what I would have done.You can mabye just remove the bottom section walls in the middel since it is a boss level

Second better light mapping.

Third the design could have been better.

infiltrator boss.fpm (115.56 KB)
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you very much for the map, I really appreciate it.

I'll have a screenie up very soon...
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Here it is (a little late too. Sorry)

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:14:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:14:44