Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Unofficial: Automatic: Biological Warfare

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 01:27
Automatic: Biological Warfare is my first game ever! This game takes place in the year 2077. Here's the story:

THE YEAR is 2077. An outbreak of unknown blood germs have infected, and killed millions of the continent's population. This rare outbreak has you left with a bad feeling in your head, and an unusual desire to take life...forever.

YOU BEGIN the game in a hospital cell, which is pretty sterile. The doctors have been out for a while, but you're gonna break out...and find who's responsible for this mess.

The attached picture is an early version of the hospital. Your own cell is on the left. Also, notice how I implemented DarkLights here.

Please, I'm open for suggestions and comments. C&C, whatever the heck that means, will also be tolerated. More pics will be up soon!!

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 01:47
too big of an open area, make it smaller, and try to stear clear away from white lights, use more color... good luck with this game

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 01:50
Hey, thanks!

Yeah, anyone else? I'm still open to suggestions, ideas, and/or C&C.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 02:50
Quote: "C&C, whatever the heck that means, "

Criticism and Comments

1 screenie won't get you any feedback.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 02:54
10 screenies you wont get hardly any feedback look at my thread for instance theres like about 15-20 lmao, but that aside, all im trying to say is dont get your hopes up expecting alot of comments and what not

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 06:57
Quote: "10 screenies you wont get hardly any feedback "

10?? where are the remaining 9? Did I miss something?

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Owen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 18:35 Edited at: 12th Jan 2007 18:36
after all the build up you have been saying in threads about this game... you need to work on it alot. my opinion

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 18:51
Well to big of an open area it's going to kill your frame rates.Then white light are not all that bad if used correctly.

Some tips placing lights can be placed almost any where in a level play around with them test the light mapping and tweak to till your happy with the outcome. To place lights you can also use the page up and page down button to place lights.

What can be seen from the screen shot is shadows from the spot light not pointing to the side or the back like it would in real life.

Another tip on level layout always give your player an exit and entry point or a place to hide if his ammo or health is low.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2007 22:16
Okay guys, thanks. I never look at my framerate, but I think it's 33. My PC is not super, not even uber, but it's average.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 00:06 Edited at: 13th Jan 2007 00:07
I tested a level that I thought would be the first one, but I lagged, and at the end of said level, it went down to 9 frames. Whoah!

Anyways, I'm redoing the game, and if possible, will rename the game and change the story when/if I get MP3 and MP6.

OK? Good.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 01:25
No, no. The name'll still have Automatic and Warfare in it, but....it'll be Automatic: Modern Warfare.

But the game I'm doing now will be a....mini-game. Like, 7 levels, since it's my first game, but Automatic: Modern Warfare will be the official game.

Astrojazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 03:09
I saw this title long before you posted... It was back in some "Name my Game" type thread. Anyways, the hospital looks good to me, but maybe you could darken it up a little bit and dim the lights. Add some more atsmosphere. Thats my two cents, and good luck with the game!

Boom.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2007 15:30
Thanks, Astrojazz.

More pics up soon!!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
The Area Looks Like a arena map, make it smaller but looking can't wait!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 23:03
Thanks, guys. Sorry for the lack o' pics, but they're coming!

Here's some updated info:

The pic that I posted is NOT the first level. It's just for show "hint: Showcase section". Anyways, the game will have 7 levels, and there will be boss fights at the end of each 2-3 levels, and maybe one in the middle of level 5, perhaps, for some of that EXTRA CHALLENGE!

If anyone can find a boss character (not on here) that's rigged to animate, and attack, please give me the link in you first post, please.

Also, the gun that's a so-called Blaster is a Regenics Compact Laser (RCL) with 1 shot in each cylinder, the SciFi Assault Rifle is a Regenics Flechette (RF) with 50 bullets, the Vickers is a Light Drum Gun (LDG) with 120 bullets in a drum, and the Autoslug is an Arrow Components Double-barreled Rifle (ACDBR) that holds 10 shots, 5 in each drum.

I'll get screenies later, because my computer is infected with a fake virus, which is a virus that's not on the computer, so technically, it's OK. The game includes all guns and items/entities in all eras. The game's set in 2057, not 2077.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 23:38
Why don't you do what Natflash did and scale one of the FPSC characters to be much larger?

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 00:16
How?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 02:39
Um....I didn't try it yet lol!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 14:31
OK guys, I've made what I though would be the first level, but it was too, too dark! You'd have to shoot your gun just to see.

Anyways, I'm lost here. Stupid gamers' block made me confused.

I just need some help, OK? I was thinking the first level start inside a moving vehicle, and you have a Vulcan Minigun with 20,000 bullets (that's 5 times as much as how many bullets it can carry per belt)! The thing is: how can I make it so the vehicle moves and stops? It'd be a that WW2 tank, only you're surrounded by a celing, and a few walls. I want the vehicle to move as soon as the player picks up the minigun, then move a bit, and then stop at a gas station thing, then after I blow it up, it moves into the winzone, which makes my guy's vision go cloudy, and everything's distorted? That'd be a thrill for filefront.com, right guys?

So, help me with the vehicle thing above, and you'll get a toy: ! So, help a guy out?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 15:21
Well just have it follow some waypoints. When it gets to the waypoint in front of the gas station, it stops, and then continues to the winzone. There's a script for waypoints like this in Sensei AI, so just download that.

Question: Are you on the tank?

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 16:23
Post some more screenies.

Tiggle Bitties

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 22:25
Well, maybe my character has to follow an urban-like area, blow up the Great Gas station (that's the name, LOL), and get to a tank.

Jenkins, I'll get some screenies up later. Sorry, but I'm just too busy, what with school, friends, drawing out level designs (on paper), and spending time on the Xbox playing violent games (mostly FPS's, of course).

So screenies later, I promise.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 02:38
Quote: "Xbox playing violent games (mostly FPS's, of course)."

I'm totally addicted to Gears of War, on xbox live.

Tiggle Bitties

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 03:02
That game is so awesome!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 20:02
I saw it before, but my taste involves around FPS games and The Godfather The Game.

Anyways, here's some updates:

The first level is a weapons testing facility. You are a worker there. Your objective is to basically shut down the Mutant Testing facility. Basically, I need a free scientist model, and a free office pack. The game also takes place in 2019, and the guns in the SciFi era were invented at your job's factory, Regenics Armory (except for the Autoslug and the Glaive weapons). Also, it is also a medical lab, were many blood samples are being tested with the mutants. Screenies up later, I'm as busy as a gym teacher teaching a whole school at once (I'm not good at metaphors or whatever).

I may use the thug characters a scientists, but......yeah. I might need some FREE scientist models. Maybe Jon Fletcher can help?

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 20:48
...or maybe you could but model pack 2. That has lots of stuff useful in an office. It's a good investment

Please don't take this personally:

I like good story-lines in games. In an FPS, its especially important to have a water-tight story because in real life, you'd never kill that many people/zombies/terrorists/aliens. You need a firm motive for all these things. Lets take a look at your story:

Quote: "The first level is a weapons testing facility."

OK, a good opportunity to show off some heavy machine then. In the real world, people don't make guns. Massive factories make weapons and i'm sure they will even in 2019.

Quote: "Your objective is to basically shut down the Mutant Testing facility."

So it's mutants and weapons. It's never a good idea to mix things like that. And who's given you this objective? Why didn't you just run away?

Quote: "Regenics Armory"

Nice name, i'd like to see some cool logos scattered around your level.

Quote: "Also, it is also a medical lab"

What!? Weapons gets tested next to mutants and civilian patients? Now really, would this happen in the real world? I suppose they could be neighbouring sites but then there's the...

Quote: "many blood samples are being tested with the mutants"

Right...
Once again this would never happen, and more to the point; if it did, then why? What are they trying to find out?

A good story will help people believe your game more. And by the looks of your screenies, i think a good story is essential to keep the player interested.

AE

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 21:05 Edited at: 27th Jan 2007 21:10
Quote: "yeah. I might need some FREE scientist models"

Well, I think you should save up your money and buy Model Pack 2, which comes with scientists along with some nice segments. Then you can download alternate skins.
Thanks to fpsfree.com: http://download.fpsfree.com/f10p22s06c/textures/new_scientists.zip

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 21:25
Thanks, Inspire and AE.

I can't get MP2 (or any other MP for that matter) because my dad thinks they'll crash the computer, with has a virus and is being fed lots of info from the other users in my family.

And, are you able to change a sign to the Regenics logo, which will be made in MS Paint, because the logo will be put on every weapons stash.

Also, the screenshot in this post a dark view of the armory. I could've changed the lighting around, but I'm too darn lazy. I blame the marshamellows!

Anyways, here's the dark armory/robot testing facility (in the window). The medical and mutants testing facilities are gonna be in a separate FLOOR, rather than a building. And no office, this building is more of a military-type than an office-type. Also, as a side note: The robots are so big (in the game, in a building, you can only have 300 power batteries (300PB), but the robots exceed over 1,200PB! That's why it's dark. I wonder why your character can't carry a flashlight.....?

Anyways, enjoy the screenshots. Also, try to spot the robot's tiny head through the window. Anyways, rate x/5 on the screeny.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 21:32
Yeah you can carry flashlight. I didn't try it yet though.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=21&t=82259&p=0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:53:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:53:22