Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / raven vegeta! help me!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i maked a post in the general forum

my problem is that i maked a bsp level using worldcraft,
adapted for half life. i used my own textures, and maked
the wad using wally. y have all the files, including
the textures in jpg format in the same directory.

i load in dbpro the level witch the comand
load bsp " ","1.bsp"

and the only thing that i see is the background, why?
what more i need to load the level?
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 22:36
Errr i get that problem too.

Try putting it in a pak file. Read the help about loading BSP.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 22:38
Oh and raven is not the only one who can help

Just do a general Plea for help next time, Raven visits just about every post so he will not miss it. And you neve know someone else may know the answer...

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 22:39
Oh, and no offence Raven

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the reply, but i tryed making the pak with pakscape, and the result is the same, a good-looking
blue screen.

anybody has sucessful runned a bsp file compiled from a map file? how??

i am beggining to be decepcioned with db pro

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 03:37
oki... well from my knowlage DBpro can read PK3 - as they are litterally renamed Winzip's ... download winzip for them - however they wont work with Half-Life BSP, as they expect the textures elsewhere.

I'd suggest making the level, then making them into a HALF-LIFE .wad (there are 3versions wally supports made sure you get the right one) ... then go back into worldcraft and retexture the entire level using that wad instead.
place the wad in either the base folder with dbpro or with the bsp world - as all filenames are relative to the base folder then that is likely where it'll search.
I'll try a test in a few hours when i get home and have rested - today has been long an hard

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks raven vegeta, try it, because how you say is how i make it (make the level in worldcraft,make a wad3 in wally,
texture it with the new textures, compile in it, and put all together in the same directory; and dont work, dont appear nothing in the screen, please try it

very thanks

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 01:29
Hmm... This works:

I made a map in Worldcraft 3.3 (map1) then compiled it and put the bsp produced in the same folder as the code. I used the default half-life textures, and copied the halflife.wad file into the same folder as the code as well. This code is just a random chunk of code I made while testing the bsp capabilities of DBPro, I didn't spend much time on it. It has basic mouselook and free moving camera, but the collision isn't quite right. Anyway, that works, the bsp map will load and you can move around it. One thing - make sure you put lights in the level, otherwise you'll just see black. That had me stumped for an hour or two when I started using Worldcraft.

Hope that helped.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 10:56
... ya know these 23hour days are killing me ...
well that beside - i've been able to load up quite a few formats of bsp (however q3 ones lack something)

now for some reason i've found the texture problem is that half-life can't even see them, so something has gone wrong somewhere along the lines. Gonna do some more tests recompiling my wad need to know why it doesn't work

but for now be happy that it isn't your fault its wally or half-life being difficult.

also noticed the actual problem by reading this through fully (sleep deprevation can do that ) - deathstar has probably solved your problem, as it sounded like you didn't setup the camera ... however i must admit the bsp functions should probably be redesigned, automation is nice ...but would prefer to be able to read entity sets, and such.
Probably just as well i've been able to load quake1 bsp into DB, i'll probably just port over the technique.

Well i'll find out the full extent of wallys setup when i next have a chance to access my home system or when i get home.
just incase people want something to mess about with, a little zipped pressie
-> http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/ravenbsp.zip

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:38:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:38:39