Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / MARTYR Episode 1!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 01:33
Hello Fine People!

I am currently developing a full series of short games that fit into one storyline. This series is called Martyr. After the first episode is finished, I will release an episode every other week untill the end of the first season. Each season is gonna be roughly 12 episodes long with each "episode" being roughly 3-4 levels each. I'll post more about the game story in a little bit. Here is a screenshot of Episode 1: Rebellion.

Level Designer Looking for work!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 03:00
thats 36 to 48 levels, thats a bit...much.

What can i say about the screenshot?
well...
it looks really bland, uniteresting, and well not all that great, put more items, enrich the rooms, and show screenshots that have well more of a point

i dont mean this in an offense way.

i mean this, as advice.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:36
Quote: "it looks really bland, uniteresting, and well not all that great, put more items, enrich the rooms, and show screenshots that have well more of a point"

THANK YOU! That is the kind of comments that I need. I'm getting tired of people only really looking at the pic for a second and then posting "Good Job" or "I'm looking Forward to this game."

On that note, I know that the levels are bland, I am trying to put more stuff around the levels to make it seem more real. Lighting will really help once I get it to work properly in FPSC. I updated to V1.04 and nothing seems to work right. I can't even get it to compile right.

Quote: "thats 36 to 48 levels, thats a bit...much."

I know. Take in mind that each of the levels are fairly short. Each episode is gonna end with a boss fight of some kind where the only enemy you fight in the whole level is the boss. For example, the first episode's final level is two hallways and a single room. This doesn't mean though that those who play these episodes are gonna get gipped either. Each episode will be full gameplay experience, albiet a little shorter.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:43
Quote: "On that note, I know that the levels are bland, I am trying to put more stuff around the levels to make it seem more real. Lighting will really help once I get it to work properly in FPSC. I updated to V1.04 and nothing seems to work right. I can't even get it to compile right."
Bland that's a nice way of putting it....Change the textures make the room a little smaller how about a door...

aslo look at perhaps adding a smaller room for the "kitchen" add more table and chairs
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 07:47
Quote: "aslo look at perhaps adding a smaller room for the "kitchen" add more table and chairs"

Thanks id, You gave me a great idea.

Thanks again for your truthful comments.

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 12:11
MARTYR ? is it somehow conected with the game "Mortyr" ???

"Now handle your emerald sword!"
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:47
No. Martyr means "A person who would sooner die or be tortured than give up a belief." - Websters Dictionary.

I'll be posting a screenie of the updated level once I get done with it. I also think that I may try to shorten the "season" and increase the quality of each episode.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 13:02
@Godrich13 I couldn't do much with your levels you send me I don't have the textures or the segments you were using...
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 17:36
@Wizard

That kinda surprises me, they were out of model pack one...hmmm...well thanks anyways.

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 17:59
UPDATE!!!

I'm gonna post a screenshot of the updated levels sometime this afternoon. I am thinking about ditching the episode idea and just going with a full game. Any opinion on this?

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2007 18:06
YES! please make it into one game!

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 13:44
hi godrich13!
how did you make this enemy on your screenie at the top?
he looks interesting

i´ve written "jhon" the wrong way on purpose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 07:59:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 07:59:15