Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / I cannot find some DarkPhys commands!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Please help me!

I was working on vehicle physics, and I found an interesting document in my Phys directory: "Dark Physics 1.0.1.rtf" which contains some information about this new version.

But this document shows some non-existing instructions!

Please, can you check them?

For example:
phy set vehicle suspension travel ......

(see such document!).

I was looking for a method to let the vehicle tire going up and down based on the terrain. I found those instructions, but they don't work.

Thank you!

--Alessandro
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2007 11:28 Edited at: 26th Jan 2007 11:28
Although they do not highlight in the editor, the compiler still recognise them as commands, as it does not give an error.

Unfortunately, without help files it is difficult to determine which command does what. You're best bet is to try to deduce what each parameter does and then apply some numbers on a trial and error basis.

P.s. Strangely enough the commands phy set vehicle suspension travel, phy set vehicle longitudinal tire force function, phy set vehicle lateral tire force function, have to be called after you build your vehicle, not before, to work properly.

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
ale870
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Although they do not highlight in the editor, the compiler still recognize them as commands, as it does not give an error."

First of all, thank you for your help!
If I remember well I got an error from the compiler; however I will try it again!

Thank you again for the other suggestion (P.S.). I will try it!

--Alessandro
Trowbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2007 04:43
If you want the commands to be recognised in the editor, I redid the help files to be compliant with the original set - as well as make all the other config files.

Search this forum for (I think) Modified tutorials

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:28:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:28:14