Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / i like to buy the dark a.i but is it realy so goos as they say ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 21:44
i'm maken a fps game and like to give my enamy's a nice a.i sistem
but what can you do whit dark a.i
is it realy as good as thay say ?

can you make a.i like in f;e;a;r or half life 2 ?

is it easy to use?

can it work together whit dark phy?

is it werdt the money ?

thanks
*tommie*
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 14:09
The AI is great. They can react to sounds, duck, strafe, etc. It's very fast, and you can easily modify the AI reactions.

It is very easy to use, as it take total control of the models with timer based movement. It's still up to you to animate them based on what they're doing.

I use it with Dark Physics without any problems at all. My DP compo entry uses them together.

Absolutely, positively worth the money. It's a big time saver for noob and veteran alike.

Come see the WIP!
tommie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 13:30
ive reath on the forum that only 2 enamy's whit ai can react at the same time , is that treu?
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 14:40
I have no idea what you are asking. I'll explain it briefly, perhaps that will answer your question.

There are three teams - Friendly, Enemy, and Neutral. Only Friendly and Enemy units can fight each other. This might sound limiting, but it's not. You can set up as many teams as you like with your own code, and if two units from opposite teams get close to each other, you just change their AI opposite each other and they'll fight. Then, any other units that walk up can automatically join the same team as their already engaged partners.

Ultimately, you have complete control over how units interact with each other. Like anything else, you have to be creative in your approach.

Come see the WIP!
tommie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 13:00
okey thanks now i'm shure that its a great program to buy

last question : are thare tools includet if you buy it ?
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 19:49
Quote: "are thare tools includet if you buy it ? "

Tools? Well, you get your good share of documentation for the commands and lots of example demos to easily get up to speed. I think that it´s an excelent plug-in and definitely worth every cent. It even has applications in things that are not necessarily games.

Hallowed are the ori.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 19:52
Quote: "It even has applications in things that are not necessarily games."

Totally. Like the killer robot I built. 89% kill rate ic:grim]

tommie, like I've said before, Dark AI gives you commands that automate the AI in your game. You get excellent documentation and examples. There are no additional tools, because you don't need anything.

Come see the WIP!
tommie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 14:17
that seems amaizing , thanks for all the help and youve just convinsed someone to buy dark a.i thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:59:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:59:41