Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / More info (undocumented?) needed on get net connection values!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 16:07
Hiya, does anyone have a machine where get net connections doesn't return all 3 standard options ? I need to reproduce this behaviour to test my MP config screen at some point..

What I really need to know is.. if you don't have modem in the list, do you get..

1.. IP
3.. Serial

or

1..IP
2..Serial

..as a result of viewing the checklist string$ ?

I'm assuming the top one becuase you then pass the checklist quantity value to the join game/create game etc.. so 1,2,3 must be hardcoded into the command so it knows what to do ? Either that or is does it dynamically.. I need to find out but my machine comes up with all 3 and so do all others I've tried.. What *rule* does it use to know show what is "available" ?

Thanks
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 20:39
the best way to test net connections is by examining
the first 3 letters and not by assuming
numbers 1,2,3,4

but i think the order is
modem
serial
tc/ip
ipx
although this order does depend upon the users install order
on the system specs.
(not sure where lan fits in there....)
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 12:01
LAN runs over either IPX or TCP/IP. Not sure how it would react if you have more than one network connection of a type at once.

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:20:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:20:45