Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Retro Fighter V1.1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 20:15
Hello boys and girls, i've completed the final version of my game Retro fighter (Version 1.1) and it's ready for download, i'm having some trouble with my website so i uploaded it at RGT and directly linked the files from here, they are in two parts of a combined size of about 4.00MB. Extract the contents of both zip files into the same directory run the retro fighter exe file to start the game.

The competition version 1.0 was kinda unstable 'cus i was in a rush to complete it in time, several things didn't work, such as the score system and the badguys where of equal difficulty through out the entire game. Things i changed in this new version include:

- enemies optionally come with/use weapons.
- Bosses have/use thier signature weapons.
- Score system works so you can save the highest score.
- Bad guys get harder to beat the further into the game (block more often, hits take up more life)
- added pictures to the stage templates.
- optimized the game for better performance.

i'll focus more on A.I., enemy variety and non-linear missions in part ll so i'll have something different to do here are some pics, each taken from a different stage of the game.

The Streets

The Airport

The Forest

The Factory

The files are divided into two zips, extract the contents of the files withint he zip files into the same directory, you will understand when you start

file 1, 1.85MB:http://www.realgametools.net/forums/attachments/Part_l.zip
file 2, 1.79MB:http://www.realgametools.net/forums/attachments/Part_ll.zip

ok then, go ahead, try it out, any problems just let me know, any suggestions (sorry not working on this game anymore) then just let me know and i'll implement them in Retro Fighter 2

Things to Note

- i had to reduce the size of the splash bitmap to upload the game so don't be suprised if the splash screen is smaller that your monitor size.

- If you see the splash screen, and press a key, and nothing shows up on your screen the type a name on youe keyboard and press enter (using the input command text does not show up on some peoples computers)

There are loads of moves in the game, and i mean loads, check in the readme before you even attempt playing the game, another thing people always forget is

- If you hit a badguy three times in a row, quickly like a combo without him hitting back then he will get dazed, once he's dazed move towards him and you will grab him, after you grab him you can either punch, kick or throw him away.

- If you hold the charge button until it fills up you can do a different move when you press punch or kick, also if you hold the charge button till it's just above half and press kick or punch, you do a totally different move again.
everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 20:47
This is a quality effort mate, one of the most impressive games I saw come from the retro comp. High kudos

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 21:02
Thanks man, and thank you! i got some pointers from that game "the punisher" you suggested to me

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 21:34
I thought so It plays really, really well, I'm very impressed, it was a v ambitious project!

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 23:34
Thanks! yeah it was sorta ambitious, had like less than a month total production time and i wanted to do something different, it was either this or a street fighter re-make, ended up with this

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 21:17
i think this is one of the better games in the compo. deserved to come higher than it did. I think they should have given points to the complexity of the project along with all the other things.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 19:03
thanks Mani! yeah it was a little complex wasn't it i used the game to test a theory of mine concerning character interaction, like grabbing, throwing enemies and picking up objects and it worked pretty well

You can now download the entire game in one go by going to my site Dakison and clicking on downloads link, the file is a total of 4.00MB!

Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 23:40
Now THAT is a game! THAT is fun! THAT is cool! I hope you make mroe levels for this and stuff! That is too cool!

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 04:34 Edited at: 10th Jun 2003 04:35
lol thanks man, much appreciated and i'm glad you liked the game! I was planning on making a Retro Fighter 2..... but that's another story

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the sufferening.....
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 14:12
Good job, very good job!!!
enemies an player using weapon!!!!Like double dragon, the first in absolute!!!
The game is very funny to play, how time did you took to develop this one??
What modeler do you use to make your models?

Free Download for a Free World
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 16:51
thanks ermes glad you liked the game! the version of this game on my site is the final tweaked release of the original that i handed in for the Dark Basic retro competition. I had loads of school work to do during the competition period so i had to start/complete the game during the holidays (which was about less than a month before the competition deadline ) the characters where all modified dark matter models and everything else was made in 3DS max. As i said before i basically wanted to test a character interaction theory i had (grabbing and throwing enemies) and it worked fine

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the sufferening.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:04:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:04:10