Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / blue corners?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 19:44
Hi, I was wondering if you may be able to help me out. I wrote this for a menu. So far it consists of a matrix, cube for the room and camera control. If you place the mouse to the very left of the screen you can pan around. I have a problem, the corners of the room turn blue when I look at them. I'm using DB 1.13. I'd be grateful for any help. TIA.

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 23:12
When you look at an object in dark basic, if you're on the inside of it theres a certain distance you cant see, around 3500 units. The corners of your box are too far away from the camera, so dark basic doesnt bother dealing with such far away objects. The parts that are more than 3500 units away are hidden. Otherwise you could see waaay to far in a game. They're not turning blue, you're seeing the default blue background behind them because db doesnt map out stuff too far away from the camera
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 02:27
I see. Thanks for the reply, but is there any way to change it? I suppose I could just scale the menu down a bit, but that's rather annoying. If it can be done in DBPro, that's ok since I'm getting it for christmas. I'd think DBPro would do that due to it's being made later and therefore the average pc has more memory. Thanks anyway, I'd have tried everything and gone insane if it wasn't for that. Perhaps they should add in the help menu "Limitations of DarkBASIC." But that's contrary to every unwritten marketing law in the world.
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 10:52
I think there's a command called:
Camera Range
but I don't know the parameters or if it only exist in DBPro. But try it out.

"It's good to be bad..."
Dungeon Keeper
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 12:13
the cyborg is correct

SET CAMERA RANGE
This command will set the viewing range of the camera. The Front Value specifies the closest point beyond
which the camera starts to draw the 3D scene. The Back Value specifies the furthest point beyond which
the camera stops drawing the 3D scene. The parameters must be specified using real numbers greater than
zero. The default range starts drawing the 3D scene with a front value of 1 and a back value of 3000.

SYNTAX
SET CAMERA RANGE Near Value, Far Value
SET CAMERA RANGE Camera Number, Near Value, Far Value

http://www.lunarpixel.com/ is my new site
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 15:54
Thanks a lot guys, I'll look forward to DBPro.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 00:28
It exists in DBv1.something as well. If you're using DBv1.13 then you should definitely be able to use it. It's in the help menu under camera 3d/set camera range, unsurprisingly.
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 16:03
Only the closest you can set it to in DB is 1 for the front value, not smaller.

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 16:43
Yeah, It's actually on the disk, V1 with no updates at all. But I'm getting DBPro soon anyways.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:39:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:39:30