Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / My first post and first game Death Chase

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, here is our Deathchase game, as finished as it will ever be, ready to be downloaded and played. Take control of your bike and blast those intruders off your land!

Controls:
Cursor keys to control the bike.
Ctrl key to fire.
Or you can use joypad if you like.

Let me know what you think, and also let me know your specs and how fast it seemed on your system.

Here is the web address to get it.

http://sentientsoftware.bandedsoftware.com
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 21:40
Nice tree graphic and music, obviously the models are good they're from DMatter... The AI on the bikes is good but the tank is really rather silly as the faster you go makes no difference to your distance from it. This seemed the case throughout the game in that the players speed only really affected the speed of the tree's and not the gameplay in other respect.

Like your take on Commando it has all the makings of a great game, but the game itself just needs to be there - a little more time working on the gameplay is all that's needed and this will be really fun - it's a shame your writting it off as finished, I think you should persevere just a little bit longer, and if you do - a little gradient wouldn't go amiss.

Pneumatic Dryll
Startopian
Years of Service
User Offline
Commando, is still work in progress. We will continue that over time, but it's easy to get bored just doing one game! I have some cool ideas for later levels. There are only 3 at the moment, but most people I have seen play it struggle to get to round 2. About your comments on DeathChase by the way. It is a conversion of a Spectrum game from probably over 20 years ago. The tanks and helicopters moved like that in the original and that's how we wanted it to look. The bikes are affected by your speed but are a bit delayed in their reaction at present. Tweeking needs to be done with that. We also think the tree density needs to be upped on the earlier levels as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:22:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:22:07