Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Toxin Games - BIO ALERT : A Free Roaming Zombie Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 07:11 Edited at: 15th Feb 2007 07:27
We (Toxin Games) have a zombie game in production and I have posted it in our forums, but then I decided to post it here too. Hope you enjoy what your about to read and see on this upcoming game!

Toxin Games had keep this a secret for a while now and it is now to reveal it right here RIGHT NOW!

BIO ALERT is a game that has been in production since the beginning of the year 2007 and is written in DarkBASIC Professional. This game has a new type of gameplay that has never been done before. The gameplay is pretty much described in the storyline:

Your name is Tom Miles and you are part of the Tecker City Bio Team. Your mission was to find out why everyone was dieing and coming back to life as a flesh hungry zombie, but on your way to Tecker City's Bio Labs someone shot down your jet and you crashed into a parking lot somewhere on 5th Street in Tecker City.
Your job now is to survive at any means necessary and find out if there are any survivors in the city to help guide you to Tecker City's Bio Labs.

The gameplay is about killing heards of zombies in a "GTA" type universe. When I say a "GTA" type universe this means you will be able to freely roam around Tecker City and do missions whenever you feel like playing them. You might think this game is pretty awesome for a single player game, correct? Well, what if I said this is going to be a split-screen multiplayer game also?! Yup, this is game is going to have many multiplayer modes, deathmatch, capture the flag, and other competitive modes, but also there is the COOP mode where you can team up with your friends and play the single player missions as a team! Sounds awsome right?!

Here is a list of what we have done so far:

*----------LEGEND--------------*
* - Finished -----------------*
* - Working on it ------------*
* - It is on our "to do" list -*

- Create Combat System
- Create multiplayer
- Make City
- Design Storyline
- Design Missions
- Design multiplayer modes
- Create AI (Artificial Intelligence) for the Zombies
- Design Characters
- Add lots of enemies
- Add special effects (bloom and other shaders)
- Release a demo
- Fix errors found in demo (If any)
- Add more missions
- Add-on to the City

As you can see we are far from finished, but we will try our best to get some more screenshots up and a demo out for you to try it out! I hope you find this title EXTREMELY interresting, if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, post them here or at our forums HERE! Remember, this is a game for you all to play for some zombie shooting/free roaming in a city fun!

Also, keep checking back here at our forums for the latest information on this upcoming title HERE.

Here is a teaser for you all to look at:

Here is a screenshot of the multiplayer in action!:

Info on the screenshot: Yes, I know, the hud is a little out of place. Im going to work on that right away, that is my next task right now.

Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
The screenies a bit dark... how will you get the guns.. have you heard of Zombie Hunter?

Who wants a Lemon?

I love lemons... and cats
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 10:32
How does multi-player work? Two people sharing the keyboard? I only ask due to split screen. Using a plugin such as tempest or multisync and going over a network would be better.

Tinyschu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 22:53 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 01:36
@Dared1111 :
1.) I know, we havn't added lightmaps yet, but thanks for the concern

2.) We are using the models that DarkMatter gave me right now, but we are going to model our own characters so there will be more than one weapon per character.

3.) Yup, I have played Zombie Hunter before.

@TEH_CODERER :

1.) Well right now, you have to share the keyboard, but I hope to accomplish the online multiplayer. In my opinion that would be AWESOME!

2.) There is a plugin for online multiplayer? If so, then that would help me ALOT! Could you give me a link to it?

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 23:06
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99188&b=5
This one definately works; I've tried it.

I think there is one called Tempest as well.

Tinyschu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 02:49 Edited at: 19th May 2007 02:23

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:04